Daytona 150 2v vs 4v?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GooseMan

Reaction score
Hi, am looking at a near new daytona 150 trex which has 2 valves for around $500 to $600. Is there much difference between the 4V anima and this one. Like is the power noticeably different between them? Is the trex still a good reliable engine like the anima? What do you guys thinks of it for that price? Or would a brand new 160ho be a better way to go? Thanks in advance

Mate, I'd snap that 2v Daytona up for $600 any day.
They are both awesome china engines.

I was under the impression that Daytona was a Jap manufacturer... Bargain nonetheless! :)

No one here that I know of has even tried a 150 Anima yet.

From what I have heard is that the 190 ain't that much better than a 160 with V2 and bore kit.

No one here that I know of has even tried a 150 Anima yet.

From what I have heard is that the 190 ain't that much better than a 160 with V2 and bore kit.

I have heard that exact thing but about the 150 not the 190.

I know of a couple of guys who have had an Anima 150 on a dyno, and were very impressed with how it went. It was in a Z. Made 18.1 hp i believe, at the back wheel. They do use this site too.

its China for their engines as far as I know, but not sure about SOME parts.
Because a complete Takegawa engine (Jap brand) is about $5000..

I should add though that Daytona are the best China engines by a long shot.
But you pay for the extra quality as they are a few hundred bucks more than yx, 155z etc.

Last edited:
My understanding, is that Daytona is a Japanese company, but these complete motors, and their previous complete motors that have been sold, are made and built in china. Designed in Japan, and would have good quality control on materials etc. The motor parts that can bought, big bore kits and heads etc, were made in Japan.

motovert24:
anything braaap clam isn't always true.
"our frames are made in france" "built in aus"
there china frames and over priced bikes.

HAHA!
Thanks for the info mate. Yer, the bikes they sell do seem a little expensive.

So would a stock DAYTONA 150 engine have more power than a stock YX 160?

Last edited:
motovert24:
anything braaap clam isn't always true.
"our frames are made in france" "built in aus"
there china frames and over priced bikes.

HAHA!
Thanks for the info mate. Yer, the bikes they sell do seem a little expensive.

So would a stock DAYTONA 150 engine have more power than a stock YX 160?

yep, hands down

great just what I want to hear, another question though, it will be replacing my old yx160 so will the old exhaust (stock) fit straight on? It is a crf70 style.

99% sure its the same exhaust mount (or what ever you wanna call it) as normal Pit bike engines.

Anima is 100% different engine. And, it kicks the stuffing out of a YX or Zonger in quality, strength and power. I've been in side, and the trans is 10mm wider. 3rd gear is over twice as wide as the "regular" chinga. The ports and head are so superior that a 150 4V will outrun a 184V2, be easier to start, shift better and have a much wider torque curve, overrev. IMSLTHO, any way.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/557062_10151007269898177_1119694789_n.jpg

But, that 2nd hand T-rex is a great deal.

Latest posts

Back