Daytona 150 2v vs 4v?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the DOHC (Dual over head cam) kits aren't cheap, thats for sure!
Well instead of the stock head which has 1 cam and 2 valves, the DOHC has 2 cams and 4 valves.
The dyno sheet in the manual says the DOHC gives and extra 2.5HP.
And yeah, they are a very trick looking upgrade!

i had a DOHC daytona stroked out to 160cc, ported. it made 22rwhp on the dyno.

MotovertPro07144.jpg

Anima is 100% different engine. And, it kicks the stuffing out of a YX or Zonger in quality, strength and power. I've been in side, and the trans is 10mm wider. 3rd gear is over twice as wide as the "regular" chinga. The ports and head are so superior that a 150 4V will outrun a 184V2, be easier to start, shift better and have a much wider torque curve, overrev. IMSLTHO, any way.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/557062_10151007269898177_1119694789_n.jpg

But, that 2nd hand T-rex is a great deal.

Is there any performance upgrades available for them yet?

Would you need any when you got a 4v 190? :p

Thing would rip. If my YX goes bang think it will be my next purchase.

I think it won't be long and there will be every where and getting work done to them. Only bummer is they can't be raced in a true ma race event.

I think it won't be long and there will be every where and getting work done to them. Only bummer is they can't be raced in a true ma race event.

What? No limitations to run them in VCM and it's MA.

I think the idea is to spend more up front so you don't need to upgrade everything.

Have you ridden a 184 with V2? power is nuts let alone a 4v 190.

Maybe the 150's could be worked but then you would just be better off going the 190.

The rule book states a limit of 183cc for our bikes.
I ride a v2 177. Its no slower than a 184. Can never have too much power. Lol

Ahh ok. Better change my CC's on the form to 183 then. haha

Didn't know about that rule. Doubt anyone at VCM would be enforcing it.

Hell yeah! Just won the the daytona for $500 + $50 postage to sa. Im stoked now and can't until it arrives next week.
eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
Have a look and see what you think. :D

Nice work... id advise pulling the head stud bolts off and putting antiseeze on them then re-torque the head.. my head studs were seezed up and stripped the block when i went to torque it up, it just spun the stud in the block and not tighten the nut at the top.

It leaked oil into the cylinder and blew the gasket.. repairable but a pain in the ass that could have been avoided, with a little antiseeze when daytona built it in the first place.

Latest posts

Back