Daytona 150

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAGER

Reaction score
Hi guys, 1st post WHOOO!

I'm fairly new to all this so bear with me...

I'm considering purchasing a new bike (09 Motovert Pro) that’s has the Daytona 150 engine. I’ve never owned one before. I've searched but found nothing on the 150 only the older 125 Daytona donks.

I'm after some feedback from people who have ridden/own/worked on the 150 Daytona engine. What are they like? Are they a reliable engine? Are replacement parts hard to come by? What is the modification potential? (apart from the DOHC kit)…

well i got an 08 vert pro and for the cash i wish i went for a jap bike, look at something like a klx, crf, drz or ttr they are much more reliable heaps and heaps of mods available to, just food for thought

Yeah the Daytona 150 'aint worth the cash paid IMO ... Better off to go for the cheaper Lifan 150's ... As Roost says ... if you want high performance coupled with reliability ... go for a Jap bike which has the type of performance you're after ... as STOCK ... Once you start modifying things you really need to be competent at putting things together properly , tuning and maintenance ... or the cloud of disappointment and despair will constantly hover above you ...

Well from what Ive heard...guys from the US and TDKMotovert in USA, the 2009 Motovert Pro's with the 150 Daytona are the BEST Motoverts they are making!
Quite a few Factory Mini Teams in USA are running the 150 Daytona in their bikes such as BBR and Sano, so they must be pretty good!!!

The 150 Daytona's are the STRONGEST, and BEST BUILD Engines out of the Chinese made except you have to really keep up with the maintanence as it is a High performing engine.

BUT because UPGRADES for the Daytona 150s are quite Expensive most riders use the YX engines, found on the Pitster Pro's as they are cheap in parts and are quite reliable!

You can buy SPAREPARTS for the 150 Daytona by contacing Redbaron Racing USA but Im not sure where you could get them here in Aus?

How much do you have to spend??? If you have $3500 the Pitster Pro LXR is another good choice!!!A lot of riders are using these especially in the USA because they are fairly well built bikes!

Haha, anyways hope that helps ;)

Sweet avatar tommy lol........the YX engine's are prone to gearbox failure, and judging by the info tommy has supplied its gunna be costly to maintain a daytona150 engine if you gotta by from the states and god no's how long the shipping would take.....If you want a 150cc get a lifan motor much more reliable but not so many mods but best all rounder

wait for the new zonger donger 155cc suppose to be the best out of the box combo produced to date.

Yeah the PitsterPro 155Z Crate Engine seems well built and quite strong!!!

I wouldn't know when they would be out in Australia...PitsterPro Australia havent even realeased their 2009 Range yet :( Except for the LXR.

The 155Z seems to be one of the "Top-Line" engines coming from China!!!

The 150 Daytona's are the STRONGEST, and BEST BUILD Engines out of the Chinese made except you have to really keep up with the maintanence as it is a High performing engine.

hahaha...there speaks the expert...lol..the teams mentioned run the 150 with the 4valve head...without that the engine has noooothing on a yx150/160 or a lifan 150;)

The new Zonger is temptive , but who wants to be the first guinee pig to try :p:p...not me that 4sure...even I liked zongers a lot!! go with a lifan150 and an +R head...that would be my bet!!

Last edited:
Daytona 150 2 valve ... only $1549 USD plus postage ... ON SPECIAL ... GRAB ONE NOW !!!!!!

Ahp Minis

Daytona 150 2 valve ... only $1549 USD plus postage ... ON SPECIAL ... GRAB ONE NOW !!!!!!

Ahp Minis
:eek:...I will get one ASAP...lol...first I have to rob a bank though(J/K):rolleyes:...:p...imagine how many nice lifans you get for that??

Last edited:
hahaha...there speaks the expert...lol..the teams mentioned run the 150 with the 4valve head...without that the engine has noooothing on a yx150/160 or a lifan 150;)

Oh okay, sorry haha! SO where can you BUY the 4 Valve Head for the 150 Daytona??? How much are they???

Cheers!

Thanks for that "Cactus Jack"!!!

But Geez...those DOHC Daytona Kits look Crazy!!! 20+hp!!! Thats just insane, haha :eek:

They look great...But out of the question for me :( haha

Thanks for that "Cactus Jack"!!!

But Geez...those DOHC Daytona Kits look Crazy!!! 20+hp!!! Thats just insane, haha :eek:

They look great...But out of the question for me :( haha

not the question...you can make a yx150 with a fraction of that cash do 20+HP;)...so Daytona is basicly a ripoff...a nice looking , but a RIPOFF
!!

not the question...you can make a yx150 with a fraction of that cash do 20+HP;)...so Daytona is basicly a ripoff...a nice looking , but a RIPOFF
!!

But when you kick start it, the gearbox will die!! Not much point putting out 20hp when the gearbox can't take it. That's the whole point of these new motors. You pay for quality with Daytona hence the price tag.

It's not all about how much power they can put out, it's also reliabilty.

Latest posts

Back