Daytona 190 4V?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay160cc

Reaction score
Would this be THE ultimate pit bike engine?
Im looking at building a hi comp engine for my atomic to really get it along. I know BBR have these in thier factory bike making 20+hp and they sound epic.
What about those 184 4v atomic things? Anyone done the works to them?

All I can say is with a decent carby. You'll want to have good bolts or risk twisting your frame from the torque.
Best motor ever I reckon.

Apparently the Daytona 190's are on the limits of getting the power down through your back wheel
You'll definately have to change your riding style if you get one.

The 184 kits are pretty good too, but they are pretty close on the limits for the YX / Z160Ho clutches and gearbox's.
You can upgrade them bit it's around $600-$800 for a decent gearbox and a pair of cases

In saying that, you can still get a 67mm big bore kit to take a 160cc out to 201cc,
and the 190 Animas' can be taken out to 252cc as well....

252 is what il go for.
Do these kits come with a suited camshaft and springs?
Do I use the standard 4v head and port it etc or is there a better thing out there for the daytona?
The clutch and box that comes with a anima 190 up to the task?

for the 252 you better have alot of cash lying around. No one in Australia can do that engine. Terry at firepower in the USA is the only one offering it. Lots and lots of machine work, specially machined piston may as well buy the engine off him and have it shipped here. There is no head option other than porting the stock head. No other cam unless you can find someone who can grind one with a profile that you want. Valve springs should be easy enough to sort out, again more machining. At a guess maybe 5 grand just for the engine. A 252 in a mid size bike would be almost impossible to ride. Upgrade to at least a 428 pitch chain and expect to change rear tyres every week.
Get a stock 190 then decide after if you need more.

A 190 in a pit bike has all the usable power you would ever need anything more and it's just wasted spinning and ripping knobs of your tyre, a stock 190 spends a lot of time spinning so yeah do what Phil said you I'll be surprised how much they have and I'm sure you won't ever really need more. A 252 is a joke not to mention a ticking time bomb.

Ive been doing research and you guys are spot on a lightly modified 190 will decimate and stay ultra reliable
Time to find one!

I dont look good in drag. Do you live near a track?

Phil dont lie you :p

I dont know? I live in sunshine coast...im still waiting for my pitbike to show up it will be my second ever mini and third dirtbike ever. 125cc, 450exc (new in 2007 sold in 2008) and now the yx160. I suppose coolum mx track would have pitty stuff (10 mins away)
Honestly ive never been even a member of a track. I went to black duck valley and glen echo park a few times each on the 450 but I was slow compared to the other dudes. Alot of bike for an amatuer 17 y.o though!

Mate I had a CR 500 at 17! Swapped it for a HK monaro, haha

I would be a better mx rider with experience bud. Actuslly I was just 16 aswell

Latest posts

Back