Daytona anima 190 carb

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have yet to get the 190 into my monkey but will be running a pwk28. I'm running the pwk28 on the 150 anima and it goes hard!!

Yeah the pe works good to there isn't much that won't work those motor just go hard full stop I'll chime in once I run the 33

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4

i reckon injection is the way, then you dont need to worry about airspeed because your fuel is already getting atomized. then you have maximum ammount of power POWWAAA!! throughout the rev range

i reckon injection is the way, then you dont need to worry about airspeed because your fuel is already getting atomized. then you have maximum ammount of power POWWAAA!! throughout the rev range

AusPost have just recieved their first shipment of new Honda SuperCub's 110cc of injected goodness :) So i don't think we'll be waiting to long b4 the pricing starts coming down WOOT!!

Hell yeah will be sweet as ! Wont be too long before the injection system on them is adapted to other motors

Infact my Daytona manifold has an injection boss already in it so a trip to the machine shop to drill it out to suit and a bolt on throttle body and some injection management running off the 12v takegawa outer rotor kit which bolts straight up

I'd love to give one a go but first get me a second hand cheap estart motor make a stand up for it and play around with the setup and software

Hey guys. I know this thread is really old but I was just thinking about carbs. I bought a Piranha 190 in october and it came with that awful "genuine" pe28 with the yellow knob on the idle screw. I got it to run good but it still isnt 100%. So i started looking for a new carb. On jetsrus.com they have the PWK28, PE28, and even a VM28 mikuni. I know people love the VM26-606 carb. Has anyone ever ran the VM28? Also would there be a difference between the PWK and the PE28? If you havent checked out that website, you should. They got a lot of carb parts. You probably could of got that needle one of you were looking for for the PWK33. I am sure they will ship outside of the USA. Again, sorry for bring up such an old post but I am curious about these carbys.

Pwk's are a lot harder to tune than the pe's. And its a waste of time and money going the 33. If i were you i would just rectify the problem with your pe28

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Stu,
he has a Taiwan PE28 carby on his bike now, not the Daytona specific carb

I don't know of anyone here running the Mikuni VM28 on their Anima 190
The Daytona specific PE28 is a good all round carby, and Daytona have tested and tuned it to suit the 190cc engine
You'd have the least problem's dialing it in to suit your bike.
The round slide carby's like the PE28 are one of the best all round carb's,
you can putter around tight trail's in amongst tree's, up steep, loose, rocky hill's, through soft sand all with ease.
Then when you open them up to wot they will pull all the way to valve bounce, not that you want to valve bounce your Daytona's with their weak valve seat's etc

I have used the factory fitted Mikuni copy 22/26mm carby on my bike, it was ok but lacked top end.
I've tried an OKO 26mm (Keihin PWK copy) d/slide carby with a UniFilter and #45 Pilot and #110 Main jet's
Then i went up to the Polini PWK28 d/slide with UniFilter and #45 Pilot and #110 Main jet's
And now i have an OKO PWK30 d/slide with UniFilter and #45 Pilot and #110 Main jet's, on it as i think there are still more top end gain's to be had.
I plan on trying out something bigger in the near future as well, as soon as my finance's allow

Using the d/slide PWK copy carby's make's the engine so responsive and rev out realy nice from any throttle position.
It is kind of a light switch feel, either the throttle is on or it's off, probably more suited to MX track's with lot's of berm's and short run up jump's etc
But you do get used to it, sort of, lol
You heard about my low speed accident when i came off on the whoop's, haha

From what i have worked out, those PE28 carby's with the yellow choke knob they might be genuine Keihin, but i'm sure they are made in Taiwan not Japan
I'm pretty sure the jetting, needle's and slide's fitted to the Taiwan PE28's are different to what Daytona has recommended and used in their modified PE28 carby's

I only use the PWK copy carb's due to the ease of tuning, the way they perform etc, and due to having basically no budget for part's etc.
The copy carby's are between 1/2 and 1/3 of the price of genuine Keihin/Mikuni carby's,
genuine OKO's are made in Taiwan and are are tested and known to be good quality, Polini PWK's are made in Italy, and they have cnc machined internal's and use some genuine Keihin part's
But i have built up quite a collection of spare's including a heap o jet's, needle's and different size carb's over the last couple of year's

These are some of my jet's for tuning, i have another 3 box's of spare's for the PWK / Keihin carby's as well as another 5 or 6 Oko PWK's, Polini PWK and Stage 6 PWK carby's

Motorman runs one of the Tawain pe28s on his 190 and hasn't had a problem with it.
As Craig said they are both genuine carbs just one comes from a different factory.
Nick brought his and it came in a Honda box from memory.

Last edited:
Stu,
he has a Taiwan PE28 carby on his bike now, not the Daytona specific carb

I don't know of anyone here running the Mikuni VM28 on their Anima 190
The Daytona specific PE28 is a good all round carby, and Daytona have tested and tuned it to suit the 190cc engine
You'd have the least problem's dialing it in to suit your bike.
The round slide carby's like the PE28 are one of the best all round carb's,
you can putter around tight trail's in amongst tree's, up steep, loose, rocky hill's, through soft sand all with ease.
Then when you open them up to wot they will pull all the way to valve bounce, not that you want to valve bounce your Daytona's with their weak valve seat's etc

I have used the factory fitted Mikuni copy 22/26mm carby on my bike, it was ok but lacked top end.
I've tried an OKO 26mm (Keihin PWK copy) d/slide carby with a UniFilter and #45 Pilot and #110 Main jet's
Then i went up to the Polini PWK28 d/slide with UniFilter and #45 Pilot and #110 Main jet's
And now i have an OKO PWK30 d/slide with UniFilter and #45 Pilot and #110 Main jet's, on it as i think there are still more top end gain's to be had.
I plan on trying out something bigger in the near future as well, as soon as my finance's allow

Using the d/slide PWK copy carby's make's the engine so responsive and rev out realy nice from any throttle position.
It is kind of a light switch feel, either the throttle is on or it's off, probably more suited to MX track's with lot's of berm's and short run up jump's etc
But you do get used to it, sort of, lol
You heard about my low speed accident when i came off on the whoop's, haha

From what i have worked out, those PE28 carby's with the yellow choke knob they might be genuine Keihin, but i'm sure they are made in Taiwan not Japan
I'm pretty sure the jetting, needle's and slide's fitted to the Taiwan PE28's are different to what Daytona has recommended and used in their modified PE28 carby's

I only use the PWK copy carb's due to the ease of tuning, the way they perform etc, and due to having basically no budget for part's etc.
The copy carby's are between 1/2 and 1/3 of the price of genuine Keihin/Mikuni carby's,
genuine OKO's are made in Taiwan and are are tested and known to be good quality, Polini PWK's are made in Italy, and they have cnc machined internal's and use some genuine Keihin part's
But i have built up quite a collection of spare's including a heap o jet's, needle's and different size carb's over the last couple of year's

These are some of my jet's for tuning, i have another 3 box's of spare's for the PWK / Keihin carby's as well as another 5 or 6 Oko PWK's, Polini PWK and Stage 6 PWK carby's

http://s598.photobucket.com/user/xrfairmont67/media/mini bike/Carby/008_1.jpg.html

http://s598.photobucket.com/user/xrfairmont67/media/mini bike/Carby/007.jpg.html

http://s598.photobucket.com/user/xrfairmont67/media/mini bike/Carby/004-1-1.jpg.html

http://s598.photobucket.com/user/xrfairmont67/media/mini bike/Carby/005-1-1.jpg.html

http://s598.photobucket.com/user/xrfairmont67/media/mini bike/Carby/20151014_1008011.jpg.html

http://s598.photobucket.com/user/xrfairmont67/media/mini bike/Braaap Pro 190/003-1.jpg.html

http://s598.photobucket.com/user/xrfairmont67/media/mini bike/Braaap Pro 190/016.jpg.html

http://s598.photobucket.com/user/xrfairmont67/media/mini bike/Carby/20151104_1908201.jpg.html

Yup, the good ol' tiawanese PE28. Things been a hunk of junk. It was much better after I found my needle to be bent, and I replaced that. It has happened to a few people. They must of not of been careful putting it into the carb and bent it some how. I will be going with the Daytona spec pe28. Genuine. But I just noticed all these other options and was just wondering if anyone has tried them, which clearly you have. Sounds like you cant beat the PE28 Daytona spec. That is a nice little collection and the see through bowl is quite interesting. I really like it.

Latest posts

Back