Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLOCOx

Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
hey everyone its loco... lol :p
now as the title says "Daytona Anima clutches".........
ive got the yx160... with the 5 plate clutch...
i was wondering if the daytona 6 plate clutch unit itself would hook right on?
considering the zs160/155 has a "daytona style" clutch unit.. and the yx's and zs160/155's are basically brothers, and share a few parts..

the daytona 6 plate clutch will work on your yx160, or so i have been told. a few shops up here were trying it, apparently its based on the dt150's clutch i heard.

not even sure there any better? havent looked into it though

A 6 plate clutch has about a 25% bigger surface area to grab on.
I have done a bit of a comparison on my z155ho, the 6 plate clutch uses thinner clutch plates but the overall size of the 6 plate clutch is still deeper.

TB sell a 6 plate clutch conversion kit for a 5 plate hub, it's on the tbolt us website.
I haven't seen one in person though.
Pretty sure they sell a complete 6 plate clutch kit too that suits most YX160 and Lifan 150's. It comes with the matching gear for the crankshaft too.

More surface area means lesser spring rates and same grip.. good idea

Stock is best, with heavier springs. I've destroyed a TB billet clutch and a few clutch packs, I'm back on stock now with TB springs, no issues. You could get funky and use Kevlar plates.

i spoke to terry from FPM's and reckoned the zonger clutch unit is the exact same, he reckons it may touch the case on the yx? anyone got the two lengths/widths?

yeah they are definately taller.
i posted the dimensions here somewhere ?

edit, found it in my Fuse thread- the 6 plate clutch is 6mm deeper, so would sit out another 6mm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back