Daytona Performance lie...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riders inc.

Reaction score
To all You daytona fans out there that thought they had there 18hp at the wheel, its time or a massive let down. After having my motor tunned and Dyno it pulled a dismale result of 14.34hp. After contacting daytona all they do is send back bullshit excuses. SO HERE IT IS FROM A FORMER DAYTONA FAN, all info that you might have got before buying your motors is false, there dyno was taken with custom parts that arent even on offer. The worst part about it is that a TUNED YX 150 RUNNING A VM 26MM MIKUNI AT $600+ CARBY HAS MORE HORSEPOWER THAN THE $1500 DAYTONA MOTOR+CARBY.

SO IF ANYONE ELSE HAS A POOR RUNNING DAYTONA ENGINE LET THEM KNOW

SO YX YOU GET THE THUMBS UP WITH ROOM AND MONEY TO IMPROVE ON A DISMAL DAYTONA THAT DOESNT EVEN PERFORM LIKE IT SHOULD.:eek:[/SIZE]

how was the tourqe compared to the yx cos my mate tj was runing a daytona 150 on his motovert wen he was in aus and it had way more pull then my yx going at the ramp but mine had more up top

What kind of Daytona was it? Daytona 150 Complete engine? If so then thats not suprising....If anyone believed that 18HP claim they are dreaming. Kitaco 117SE runs 14.5 Roughly, so i wouldnt expect the Daytona 150 to be any more than that.

My Daytona 125 goes close to the speed of the 150. I rode against one on my 10" Daytona 125, and the 150s arent that quick at all. When you read that 18HP crap its obviously a lie, they all talk it up.

anyone who believes ANY advertised hp figure is an utter tool... not only was that figure pulled from a motor which was probably tweaked and tuned to perfection over hours on a dyno, it would have been MEASURED AT THE FLYWHEEL.... not the back tyre...
Let this be a lesson to all you 13 yr old miniriders masturbating on about how your 1fiddy is pulling 20hp with a carby and a unifilter... lol

ahh the horsepower battle, stock crf50 motor im pulling a whopping 2hp at the most... I think I would own these 150s...

i reckon there might be a link on that one mate... hmm... it was either in tech talk or mini reviews... cant remember for certain.. Right click "search" tab, open in new window. :D

who believed that in the first place(18hp) has clearly no clue about pitbike engines...lol!!

hell yes you would lol what do you guys think of the 155 engine with the apparent closer gears ?? any input

Have a Read on here Tim...: NEW Pitster Pro 155 Z Crate Engine MUST SEE!! - Planet Minis

A LOT of the US Guys seem to be choosing the 155Z over the Daytona's.

Plus for about HALF the Price of a Daytona your already getting a pretty sweet Performing engine...which you could upgrade to the V2 Head, Bore it out etc. and still wouldnt cost you more than a STOCK Daytona.

The 155Z would be my Pick :D

Last edited:
HP is torque multiplied by revs ... A long stroke motor can't rev as high as a short stroke motor ... therefore it CAN'T make as much HP if it has the same cc capacity ... add to that the fact that the longer stroke means that more peak power is lost to friction and mass gain via inertia of the reciprocating components ...

Aside from that , you can only flow so much air thru a given carb venturi size meaning the carb size is the final HP limiter ... I always laugh when I see people claiming more HP than is possible for the sized carb , intake port and intake valve area they're running ... You only need to take a look at a race bike that's known to put out a genuine HP figure ... THEN look at the carb size etc that it's running ...

Latest posts

Back