Deacons LXR build.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohk, yeah should come out to pt g when we have out next ride day, not sure when it is yet tho.

so what area are you from?
yeah, been meaning to get out riding locally.

still trying to work out whether we'll be home or not, for the race series too

I'm down in modbury mate.

Yeah the race should be fun, murray bridge is a decent size track tho, gonna be interesting on a mini lol

Bout 1g that's tak head, shipping, gaskets, piston kit, tb manifold, decomp cam, adaptor, diff cam cover "for decomp cam".

I went tak because, I wanted the v2 with tak rockers, springs, ti retainers, decomp cam, ended up bein the same price as the tak head lol so seems like def better option :)

^That thing will scream, very nice. Spwein i didn't think of that earlier, then again the wife would've killed me if i spent anymore, from memory mine totaled $1100, with a taki version i would of been around the 15-16 mark...

Thanks timeeh! Yeah pretty happy that I got the tak, thanks to Terry at FPM! Top bloke.

Your thread will come in handy when I go to install it, hope I don't mess anything up!

Any advice when attempting it?

Nothing too special i can think of except...
1) The new exhaust header proabably won't fit your exhaust
2) I would reccomend buying a small circlip removal tool and then hit it with the dremmel to make the ends pin size

and make sure youve got the correct cam plate, but if your dealing with Terry he would of set you on the right track :)

Nothing too special i can think of except...
1) The new exhaust header proabably won't fit your exhaust
2) I would reccomend buying a small circlip removal tool and then hit it with the dremmel to make the ends pin size

and make sure youve got the correct cam plate, but if your dealing with Terry he would of set you on the right track :)

timmeh what the go with the rocket retainers yours have alignment slots and my ones from the stock head dont have the alignment slots. the tak head dont come with em, terry said to use my stock one.... dunno what to do

timmeh what the go with the rocket retainers yours have alignment slots and my ones from the stock head dont have the alignment slots. the tak head dont come with em, terry said to use my stock one.... dunno what to do

Should be able to still put the plate straight over the ends, it just means that the retainers can rotate (slightly) which is what happens in the standard head anyway. And the bottom line is if Terry thinks it's fine, you'll be right :)

sweet, hopefully motors done for sunday, can have a ride at my place after our piss up sat ;)

Well I Thort I would use a new tb pitson kit, instead of using the old one, but I think it's gonna cost more for a hone than to just buy the 184 barrel and piston..... Plus I still gotta get a new carb, gonna get the pe28

You could always try a hone yourself, the tool is not too expensive then u just need a drill to attach it too? Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back