DHZ 140cc or Pitpro 140xr

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ive got a dhz 140 and got it off ebay for $600,, the only things ive done to it was put a race cdi for $20 and a big bore exhaust i got for under $100,, its got great throddle responce and bloody flys and the overall feel of the bike is great,, but as every1s saying the pitpro has alot better parts,,

how much bigger is the pitpro over the dhz? like how high is the seat of the ground? sorry to ask so many questions guys but all your help has been great so far and also "nsanepitty" how long ago did u get it for $600? if i can get a dhz for that price id just get that because i wont be doing many jumps and my friend has a 140 dhz and i like the feel and height and everything on it.

Last edited:
also is the pitpro 1/4 turn throttle. and what is a good price to buy a pitpro of ebay? thanks for all your help so far guys

hey mate i dont think the pitpro comes with a 1/4turn throttle but theres a few on ebay for around $40-$50 so thats preety easily fixed and you would expect to pay probably between $700-$800 for one hope this helps.

do you know what the height of the seat is off the ground for both of them?because i want to know how much bigger the pitpro is over the DHZ. Thanks again guys

hey mate the seat height on the PitPro is 79cm and the wheelbase is 120cm
as for the DHZ seat height is 75cm but not sure of wheelbase is.
hope this helps

The DHZ wheel base is 1120 mm and the seat height is 730 mm with a Fast Ace BS-66 shock (actual genuine measurements) ....:)

another question. the differences in the frame. is it just 4cm higher. or are the forks on a different angle. like is the feel of the 2 bikes very different because ive ridden my friends dhz 140 and it feels really good.thanks again guys

A lower bike will handle better thru corners and on straights at higher speeds than a taller bike ....... the faster they go ...... the lower they are ... ie speedway bike , flat track TT bike , drag bike , road bike versus MX bike ....... the taller a bike is , the less stable it corners ...... they're only better for jumping and navigating rough tracks ......

I think you've answered your own question and that you should go for the DHZ 140 sized bike ........ you can always upgrade later on by swapping everything over onto a monster frame at which point you'd want better than stock forks anyway ... :) I bought a DHZ monster frame to build a bike with which makes the seat height 80 mm taller ...... but I definitely know it's probably not going to feel as stable as a standard DHZ ... :)

On the other hand ...... the Pitpro really is a good bike with a better frame as stock ........ that is the ones with KLX plastics ........

hey cactus jack you have been really helpfull so far and thankyou.
But with the 1p56 engine. it has 9:1 ratio instead of the ip55 having 10:1 whats the difference. does it mean the new engine wont have as much power but it will last longer. What would go harder and faster. The DHZ or the PP. Does anyone know the truth bout these engines. if they are lifan or Jialing/gpx and is jialing/gpx any good? thanks again guys

dont worry about the comp ratio
the 56 is a quicker engine
but its the rider that counts

i have a dhz140 and couldnt be happyier

so edzy knowing what you know about the two bikes and if you were to buy a new bike out of the two what would you get? because im just conserned that the engine isnt lifan and it will be crap. cos its my first bike and i dont know too much thats why im asking alot of questions. and im just wondering if the frame is good. and if the seat is comfy. and the angle of the front forks is good.thanks

personally,
if money didnt matter
i would get the pitpro 140xr
newer engine "apparetly its a bitsa engine"
but is a dam good one so dw bout that
klx is my choice over crf
the frames are pretty much the same

if you can afford it get the xr but if you cant get the dhz

there both great bikes for the money
but the xr looks so good, and i no looks arn everything but the specs are better too.

conclusion : if you have the extra doe , get the xr

whats the differences in the frame besides height. is it the same as this

Kawasaki KLX 110

cos i dont like the look of the frame on that at all. thanks for all your help mate. your really helping me out. do you know if the pitpro comes with 1/4 turn throttle? thanks again mate. also i just wanted to know what are the weight of the two bikes?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back