DHZ dpro 160 or 140 outlaw??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im looking to buy a pitbike dont want to pay more than $1500 and have come across the DHZ brand. Either the dpro 160 or the 140 outlaw i have thought of.
I have read the 160cc's have trouble with bearings?? being too thin or something??
which bike is more reliable and suited for me as i am 90kgs and 6'3".
also if there are any other bikes that i have missed for about the same price that would be a good buy- dont really wanna go over 1500 tho.
cheers for the help guys
matt

Yeah mate, dhz are a pretty decent bike.. How handy are you with the tools? If you can spin spanners pretty well, you might be best to buy an atomik nitrous, and a fair few DECENT parts and it will really perform, and be cheaper abd you cab have a whole list of mods :p

id go with with the 160.. either nitrous or dpro
i think the bearing problem yr talking about is the case bearing where theyd crack the engine case from kick back..
this problem was resolved months and months ago..
if you get a 140 it will only be a matter of months till youd be looking for more power

ok, so fill me in, ive been trying to research the motors manufactures like i know they all come from china but like the motor in the dpro 160 is the same a an xy or something? whats a good motor too look for in a china bike.
im reasonably mechanicly minded so yeh ummm i havent herd good thingas aboujt the nitous but?
what would i need to change?
cheers mate
matt

id go with with the 160.. either nitrous or dpro
i think the bearing problem yr talking about is the case bearing where theyd crack the engine case from kick back..
this problem was resolved months and months ago..
if you get a 140 it will only be a matter of months till youd be looking for more power

huge price diff between the 2 tho, more quality in the dpro yeh. like frame and stuff or what?

pretty much all the engines are the same brand these days in your entry level bikes..
dpro 160 and nitrous 160 are the same engine.. YX

on both they would require decent chain, valve adjustment and quality oil change straight up at the least.
basic upgrades would be oko carb and suspension upgrades..

both the dhz dpro and the atomik nitrous have roughly the same build quality..

one thing i will say tho is tht if your interested in keeping the mini bike scene going, try and buy from a vendor that supports the sport in some way like DHZ does..tho its hard when price has a lot to do with it.

pretty much all the engines are the same brand these days in your entry level bikes..
dpro 160 and nitrous 160 are the same engine.. YX

on both they would require decent chain, valve adjustment and quality oil change straight up at the least.
basic upgrades would be oko carb and suspension upgrades..

both the dhz dpro and the atomik nitrous have roughly the same build quality..

one thing i will say tho is tht if your interested in keeping the mini bike scene going, try and buy from a vendor that supports the sport in some way like DHZ does..tho its hard when price has a lot to do with it.

yeh thats it aye, i was leaning towards the DHZ.
your saying the build quality is the same, the dhz has nothing thats better on it?

or....... can anyone tell me is it worth spendin the extra $$$ and get the revmx 155z ttr version?? are they reliable and strong or what? how do they compare to DHZ? Parts to replace on them??
cheers
matt

the revMX will absolutely kill any DHZ bike, actually it kills all the pitpro/DHZ/atomiks put together

DHZ bikes are cheap junk like all ebay bikes.... the RevMX is built to performe

So as long as they re not abused not much will break or what?
thansk so much for the help guys btw - great to get advice from peps who know what they re on about

yea if ya take care of em they hold up fine, you'll have to replace bits here n there but they're good for a bit of bashing....

but with quality bikes you get so much more..... mainly the suspension is good for heavy track work and just better parts quality all round....

yea if ya take care of em they hold up fine, you'll have to replace bits here n there but they're good for a bit of bashing....

but with quality bikes you get so much more..... mainly the suspension is good for heavy track work and just better parts quality all round....

when you say quality you mean the revmx yeh? or jap bikes?

if i had the coin id buy a revmx over any dhz, atomik, pitpro etc..

theres absolutely nothing tht needs changing on it apart from personal customizing and maybe fork oil later down the track when your trying to dial your suspension in..

hey mate. i have the DPRO 160, and i cant fault it yet. just gotta give it the time it needs when you get it out of the box and go over everything.
its got plenty off balls to it, will lift way to easy in 2nd, and probly could in 3rd aswel.

i was 1st considering a nitrous 160, but i got tlked into getting the DPRO on here. purely coz of the aftersales service, and that is top quality.

the pitpros appear to be better than the DHZ, looks like the stock parts are better. im not sure of that tho. and i reckon they look a little better too.

but seems like the revmx is the thing to get if u hav the money.

the pitpros appear to be better than the DHZ, looks like the stock parts are better. im not sure of that tho. and i reckon they look a little better too.

noooooo, no, no, NO! lol
pitpro's are on par with atomik, DHZ is slightly better than atomik/pitpro thanks to the frame

yea some modles have kenda tyres and a very basic fastace shock.... but they run klx frames and bump the price up to almost double.... so no..... atomik is still far superior in every way.... because with the money saved buying the atomik you can go an buy a set of kenda's a HIGH END fastace shock plus a load of other upgrades
so pitpro is still pure fail no-matter how you look at it

I have a DHZ 125. Im not a small bloke. 95kg. The bike goes very well with my weight on it. For the money its a brilliant bike.The only problem I have found is the Engine oil it came with was like cooking oil,the tyres are shite and the kill switch didnt work. The brakes work great.the gears and clutch are smooth. The suspensions holds my weight just how I want it to.The engine started 3rd kick out of the box and starts 1st kick everytime. I got mates with Atomik. my bike its it in every way. A motovert. Seems no better than my bike but more expensive. I highly recommend a DHZ to everyone.

Latest posts

Back