Dints in expansion camber

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulldog93

Reaction score
Just wondering what's the best way to get out the dints. Have a coule of little ones and one bigish one.. :(

only way i know of is to drill a hole in the center of the dent then use a slide hammer to pull the out..then weld the hole back up..
but you will never get them perfect, and it will probly look like poo if it is a chrome pipe..

id probly do the big one but leave the small ones.. big ones can kill power..

That sounds crappy sean.. Might take it into a bike shop for them to do it.. Yeah it's a chromie.. Nice and shiny too.

I know this can work on 4T's but not sure about big 2T chambers. You fill the header with water and then freeze it.. The expanding ice pushes out the dents. Do a Google and see if you can do this to a 2T.

maybe call a paintless dent removal guy... those guys are unreal, and have a number of different methods of getting dents out of metal... seen em do it using dry ice to make the metal contract.. and it can pop a dent straight out....
just a thought...

sean's way of drilling, pulling and welding is the most common I've seen, but if you have a double skin chamber this doesn't work and you will mash it to pieces. If your down on the peninsula way in Melbourne take it to HArry Bell at Wide Line Engineering, He will have it done in a day and it will be brand new. He does honda factory mx engines and has been in the business for decades.

I know this can work on 4T's but not sure about big 2T chambers. You fill the header with water and then freeze it.. The expanding ice pushes out the dents. Do a Google and see if you can do this to a 2T.

This does work an absolute treat. Done it numerous times on my 4t pipe and definitely works on 2t pipes.

I have just filled the pipe before with no end caps and put it in the freezer on my 4t pipe and overnight it worked great.

For better results (I would reccommend going this way with 2t pipes because of the size) make up 2 end caps to seal the pipe. When the water expands it can only expand into the dint spaces.

Drilling and pulling is old school and would leave a nice PC pipe never looking the same.

hmmm i wonder if the water trick will work for my 2bros pipe

It's worth a shot mate for sure. Can't do any damage.

Will probably want to use some end caps though. Much more effective. Not hard to make them up.

or buy a pump plug thingy off ebay it suck onto the metal and you have to pull it outwards there 70 buck but the ice trick sounds legit

sean's way of drilling, pulling and welding is the most common I've seen, but if you have a double skin chamber this doesn't work and you will mash it to pieces. If your down on the peninsula way in Melbourne take it to HArry Bell at Wide Line Engineering, He will have it done in a day and it will be brand new. He does honda factory mx engines and has been in the business for decades.

Probably a bit late with the reply but.

I have used Wide Line for my KX250 expansion chamber and it came back like new!! and it had big rock dents in it. $65
I now have a carbon fibre guard over it from eline $135 and weighs nothing and they are moulded to the chamber.

I've also used the ice trick on a 2 banger pipe, works a treat and cost u nothing.... Just don't leave it in too long coz u can split the seam like a mate of mine did, but we just bronzed it up and it was good as gold

Latest posts

Back