do your pipes glow?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theMINDLESSone

Reaction score
hey guys hows it all going?
ive been floating around for a few months and realy been getting into this bike stuff.
the other week i got myself a dpro 160. geez does it hammer :cheeky-smiley-005:
havent had a chance to take it riding, just round the backyard.
i started it earlier today and just letting it warm up. once it was warm id just rev it abit and after about a minute the header pipe was GLOWING RED!
on my past 4 bikes ive never noticed this, is it supposed to get that hot? is it just a z155ho thing?

might be a sign thats its running lean causing it to run hotter im not sure with china engines,on my wr426 it glows red but i only notice it in the dark and ive got a JD jetting kit through my carb might also have something to do with it,but as i first said im guessin its running lean.

yeah it can be a sign of running lean or maybe it wasnt getting good air flow to cool the engine down..
usually the pipe will return to normal once you start to ride or rev it a bit.
if it continues to glow then you have jetting issues, but also a lean tune will pop and shoot flames out the pipe

The pipe will glow red if you go revving the engine with the bike sitting still ... that's normal because not ONLY are engines air cooled ... the pipes are too ... LOL ...

Red is actually cool ... orange is getting hotter ... and heading towards light yellow / white is getting even hotter to the point of melting ...

I'm sure you've heard the term "White hot" ?? ...

lol iv actually bent crf style exhausts on a klx style engine once glowing red so they will fit the frame design.
actually had one glowing red the other day to the point where sparkles were coming off the header.. couple big fat rev's and she returned to normal.

my 155z was making the pipe go way way way too hot.. massive flames out exhaust.. changed to an oko and tuned it.. problems no more!

in low light its orange but in the light it just looks glittery gold. no popping at all not even at full trottle and no flames :S
yeah i got a 26mm flatside oko, i sorta just pulled it out of the box and slapped it on will no tuning haha

The pipe will glow red if you go revving the engine with the bike sitting still ... that's normal because not ONLY are engines air cooled ... the pipes are too ... LOL ...

Red is actually cool ... orange is getting hotter ... and heading towards light yellow / white is getting even hotter to the point of melting ...

I'm sure you've heard the term "White hot" ?? ...

yeah but i didnt expect it to get so hot so quick but then again when i start a bike, i hop on and ride it. i dont normany just sit there being all pretty fly for a noob guy

yeah but i didnt expect it to get so hot so quick but then again when i start a bike, i hop on and ride it. i dont normany just sit there being all pretty fly for a noob guy

Love the offspring reference. Lol.

My motard was glowing red/orange once, had a quick look and realized the carby manifold was loose causing it to suck air and run lean.

Get some aerostart and spray it around your carburetor and manifold and see of the revs change, this helps determine if the manifold maybe be loose and sucking air.

Gl with it mate

Latest posts

Back