Does any one what brand engine this is

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad snake

Reaction score
hi guys does any one what brand engine this is
engine1w.png

engine.png

I'm thinkin that MIGHT be a Ducar mate. Have a look at my Orion 28 review.

Ya cant see too much in the photos there and I'm not home to take more for you at the moment but they look identical, even the horizontal clutch shaft is the same.

i don't want to make you dissapointed but looks like a engine out of a late model TDR but i don't no what engines they use...

looks like a ducar

Lifan.. Um im not 100% sure but I'm gunna hazard a guess and say some might fit. My little bro has a Lifan and they look nearly the same, only the Lifan has a vertical clutch shaft.

The need to be rebuilt brand!!!!!.
I would question that first.
Most of the time when someone says they have taken it to a mechanic ,they have only taken it to a mechanic mate with questionable abilities.
Ask the bloke if it has compression ?,best place to start.
Next do the gears ,clutch and other internals work?
If he gives a yes than repairing would be worth it in my eyes
I have found most parts interchange and same brand engines with different valves and other bits!

Sorry should have said I too have seen this on e bay.
I have bought many of these bikes from e bay because fortunately for me there are a hell of a lot of riders that do not maintain their bikes and take advice from dodgey mechanics.
I have always got them going with minimal effort.Keep them maintained and they are all great bikes regardless of the make.
Good luck mate.
I also have a Ducar and this looks identical

Last edited:
if i get it il do i full rebuild from polsion the cases 140 kit 140 crank dress up kit plus more it will got hard once im done with it

if you can get the engine number you would get a %99 answer on the brand..

but yeah most engine internals are the same with the exception of cranks, pistons (piston pin) and a few other parts..

if this is an engine your looking at putting in your new build bike, dont even bother... go for something more modern and powerful like a z155/z140/yx140 or even gpx125 at the least

this engine you have pictured is nothing more than a boat anchor, youll find yourself ringing its neck looking for power that doesnt exist and in the mean time it will be unreliable... $50 engine tops..

and as said above, if you dont know its history then youll end up pouring money into it thinking it will be ok but only to find it has a major internal issue, by this time you could of bought a new engine...

if i get it il do i full rebuild from polsion the cases 140 kit 140 crank dress up kit plus more it will got hard once im done with it

these engines arent compatible with 140 gear...
this engine is a crank mounted clutch version
140's are gearbox mounted clutch..

you can how ever buy stroker kits and big bore kits but again you would of spent more than a new big block engine...

waste of money

like your build bike, i suggest to do so hard research on what you should be looking for

Lol racing lawn mower epic chuck a 155z and watch your mower cut tress down XD

Small-valve head, crank-mount clutch, pretty much:

657279-barney_large.jpg

Racing mower? Tough to beat a GX320 modded up. Heck, I'd hook arses with about any thing, with my 1967 Cub's tuned Kohler 341. lol

Last edited:
my scott bonnar is running a worked B&S 143cc donk, unstoppable

make at peripheral ported and it will be a goer

Latest posts

Back