doesnt go

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liljohn_92

Reaction score
hey boys i put my 146 kit on my jialing motor and now it wont go

i set top dead centre but the cam might have spun round wen i had the head off
and it like spits fuel back out the carby which i would guess wrong timing .....

i dunno how to do cams n stuff

wat yua rekons wriong

Last edited:
lol....... could be anything, nice to hear you got a 146 kit .. should go gooood

more detail and you will get a answer .

take the cam cover off ummm i think its what happend to me, gotta have the cam facing a certain way up or down? not sure so you gotta turn the magneto till the cam is like on the flat spot? then or something im really not good at explaining it.... lol but yer thats most probably it someone should be able to tell it in detail i hope..

if it sounds like its hitting something when you kick it over this is not a good thing, most properly the top of the piston hitting the valve! this would be a timing issue! if you do not know what your doing then take it to a mechanic!

i think ill try spinning the cam 1 way and if it dont work then spin it the other way and see if it works ... then if it dont work maybe my mate from mechanic shop will do it

thats what i mean kinda take the cam sprocket bolts off keep the sprocket lined up with the notch on the head, then move the cam around like 180 degrees? till it lines up with the sprocket again (with it on TDC)

should get rid of the noise did for me

ouch nice kit though from what i herd let us no how it goes :D

1.take magneto cover and cam cover off.
2.rotate the flywheel to TDC.
3.dismount the cam sprocket from the cam chain.
4.rotate the sprocket inside the cam chain until it lines up with the timing notch on the head.(may need to remove spark plug to overcome compression.
5.mount the chain on the sprocket.
DONE

if you hear a noise uve done it wrong andyouve probly bent either one of your valves, if so replacement is the key!

what head are you runing?

you will find yourself very dissapointed if you are still running the jailing head
you wanna chase yourself up a lifan bvh

as for getting it going theres only 3 possitions the cam can be at tdc so set ya timing mark at tdc and move the cam accordingly and bolt her on and test

but ya could have bent a valve already to see how ya go

well on my cam the sprocket can only go on one way not 3 like i thought it would..

didnt bend a valve .. the piston was hitting the gasket becuz i missed a spacer

im still running the jialing head atm.. if it goes and i like it im guna chase up a bvh

How to set standard cam timing in a Horizontal engine ...

1. Get the piston to TRUE TDC by lining the "T" mark on the flywheel up with the index mark on the crank case ...

2. With the piston held in the TTDC position ... fit the cam sprocket into the timing chain with the dot or "O" mark on it pointing directly to the dead centre of the top of the head (top of the head is the front of a horizontal engine) ... then push the sprocket towards the top of the head to take up all the timing chain slack to make sure that the "O" mark is still dead centred with the "T" and case marks aligned ... IF it isn't , move it over a tooth on the chain until all of the marks are aligned at the same time ... IF you get it wrong , you WILL almost definitely bend one of the valves when you turn the motor over ...

3. Once all the marks are aligned , fit the cam sprocket onto the properly positioned cam shaft with the cam chain still on it ... then RECHECK that all the marks line up BEFORE turning the engine over ... The cam lobes MUST be facing downwards at angles towards the combustion chamber with both valves closed and the rockers must be riding on the cams base circle (heel) They should have clearance when the cam sprocket is fitted onto the cam ...

IF your engine has an IRK with no "T" mark on it , then you'll have to put one on it with a marker pen after working out where true top dead centre is ...

You can find TTDC with the head off by turning the crank with a spanner on the flywheel nut ...

1. With the piston at the top of the stroke ... draw a black texta mark (line) on the backing plate of the IRK ... wherever you can close to the rotor ... That'll be called your new "TDC Index mark" ....

2. Then gently rotate the crank COUNTER CLOCKWISE until you can only JUST feel the piston start to move down ... Holding it there in that position , draw a fine black texta mark (dot) onto the IRK rotor dead in line with your new self made "TDC Index mark" ...

3. Now gently rotate the crank in the the other direction ... CLOCKWISE ... until you can only JUST feel the piston start to move down the bore again and put another texta mark (another dot) onto the rotor dead in line with your new "TDC Index mark" ...

4. True top dead centre is smack bang in the centre of the two black texta marks that you have drawn onto your IRK rotor ... exactly half of the degrees of crank rotation counter clock wise again ... It'd be better to measure the distance between the two dots on the rotor , then draw a texta LINE exactly halfway in between both dots ... That will give you a TRUE TOP DEAD CENTRE ("T" MARK) on your IRK rotor that will be close enough for you to be able to trust for setting up your cam and ignition timing ... Once you've done all this , you could scribe lines or put a small nick or light centre punch mark on the rotor and backing plate to save them for future use ... Don't bother permanently marking the two dots which simply represent the extremes of TDC rockover ...You could also put another mark on the rotor 15 degrees counter clockwise from your new "T" mark ... as an "F" mark where the ignition should fire at when the engine is idling ... (a timing light will show it as lined up dead in line with your TDC Index mark on the backing plate at idle when the timing is set right) ...

I've worded things the way I have in to help any "kids" reading it to understand what I'm saying ... :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back