dont know what carby to use

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djbense

Reaction score
hey guys.. i got a lifan 125cc engine from dhz today, and now i need to know what carby to use? i have a mikuni? but im not sure what size it is.. and what size to use.

depends what sort of performance your looking for..
any carb from 22mm to 26mm

best carb to run would be pe24mm or oko 24mm

alright.. i have a carby already ( second hand ) but i have no idea what size it is?

measure the throat with a ruler or to be more accurate veneer calipers

its a mikuni? or how ever its spelt.. ruler says the manifold end is 25mm

i can get better pics.. this is just what i have on my computer
DSCF1731.jpg

Last edited:
i would say that is a "mikuni 26" you could get away with using this, alot of 125 pitbikes come with these standard, but if your after power do as sean said, if not the fakuni will work

not necessarily,a bigger carby (or a carby with a bigger throat) will have a greater volume of air flowing through it which will supply more air/fuel mixture to your cylinder.

So a bigger carby will be better, but unless you have done modifications to your bike a bigger carby will not be used to its full potential. You will see an improvement but it wont result in neck snapping acceleration.

just use the 26 mm one you got, any bigger is overkill for now. 26mm is what 125`s run no problem.

shit sorry mate i confused you, the mikuni is not a tru genuine 26mm carby, its a 22 or 24 or something, where as the carbys that sean listed are the genuine size they say they are, if that fix's up any confusion

That carb is a 22 mm Mikuni ... It has 22 on the float bowl and will have 22 stamped on a flat area on the mounting flange ... The venturi is 18 mm wide x 25 mm high which = the equivalent of 22 mm round in area ...

As Sean has stated ... a 24 mm round venturi carb will work the best on a stock 125 ...

just get a oko 24 or 26mm, i just put one on my 140 and it makes a whole lot of deifference

That carb is a 22 mm Mikuni ... It has 22 on the float bowl and will have 22 stamped on a flat area on the mounting flange ... The venturi is 18 mm wide x 25 mm high which = the equivalent of 22 mm round in area ...

As Sean has stated ... a 24 mm round venturi carb will work the best on a stock 125 ...

ill go check now and see if it says 22 on the flat bit.

only bit it says 22 is on the bowl... dosnt say it anywhere else. nothing stamped anwhere..

could you please show me a picture of a real mikuni 24mm roundslide carby so I can see why it is fake

Latest posts

Back