e-bay china bikes are f@#kin S#%t

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

throtl

Reaction score
I know people are going to flame but I dont give a shit. I know you could probably get some decent china bikes off ebay but lets not pretend loose screws arnt a commen problem.

I own an Atomic Pro X aka AGB29, here is a list of whats come loose so far.

- The chain needs to be retightened every couple of rides
- The bolt off the wind deflector came loose and ended up falling off.
- Two screws from the fairings came loose
- One bolt off the exhaust came off and the other was way loose. The Pipe came half out and sounded like a lawn mower.
- Two screws off one side of the fork came off. Gave it a nudge and it seemed as good as if it was there, still not the point its there for a reason.
- The fucking bolt that holds the fucking engine was pocking right fucking out
- That tube that comes out of the carbi which has that metal around it so it doesnt melt has lost the metal coil and come out of its slot.

Im going to inspect and strip the whole frigen thing and locktite the whole lot, what a pain. Then im going to see how far the engine goes then when its stuffed ill chuck it in the bin, fit a lifan have a bit of fun on it then sell. These little bikes with the itsibitsytiniweny little wheels are MORE dangerous than the big bikes and very unreliable. Still I dont regret buying the Pro X iv had fun on it, its my little toy and a cheap bike.

I know people are going to flame but I dont give a shit. I know you could probably get some decent china bikes off ebay but lets not pretend loose screws arnt a commen problem.

I own an Atomic Pro X aka AGB29, here is a list of whats come loose so far.

- The chain needs to be retightened every couple of rides
- The bolt off the wind deflector came loose and ended up falling off.
- Two screws from the fairings came loose
- One bolt off the exhaust came off and the other was way loose. The Pipe came half out and sounded like a lawn mower.
- Two screws off one side of the fork came off. Gave it a nudge and it seemed as good as if it was there, still not the point its there for a reason.
- The fucking bolt that holds the fucking engine was pocking right fucking out
- That tube that comes out of the carbi which has that metal around it so it doesnt melt has lost the metal coil and come out of its slot.

Im going to inspect and strip the whole frigen thing and locktite the whole lot, what a pain. Then im going to see how far the engine goes then when its stuffed ill chuck it in the bin, fit a lifan have a bit of fun on it then sell. These little bikes with the itsibitsytiniweny little wheels are MORE dangerous than the big bikes and very unreliable. Still I dont regret buying the Pro X iv had fun on it, its my little toy and a cheap bike.
only a lazy owner could say that everything u mentioned related to bolts coming loose did u consider reading the owners manual? would be a good start :) most ebay auctions state to check the SAFTEY of the bike before riding it NOT flog it around for a few weeks than complain about it falling apart without any maintenance i personally dont believe u checked the bolts were propplery torqued down before riding the bike

loctite everything its a must ,get a decent chain tensioner from fab50s also get rid of that chain that came with your bike there rubbish opt for a factory pre streched chain such as slc ,ek ,d.i.d or rk . you really need to pay attention to these things keep your bike well maintained and should have no problems.

Gazza must sell that sort of e-bay snot. If you can't see it and sit on it then why buy it? Anybody who buys anything but a pen from e-bay is the most stupid person I know. Sorry to all you knuckleheads but really, have a think about it. Why is it being sold on e-bay? Because it aint good enough to be sold in a shop. All you find on e-bay is SHIT. Because most people who sell bikes on e-bay are assholes!

Gazza must sell that sort of e-bay snot. If you can't see it and sit on it then why buy it? Anybody who buys anything but a pen from e-bay is the most stupid person I know. Sorry to all you knuckleheads but really, have a think about it. Why is it being sold on e-bay? Because it aint good enough to be sold in a shop. All you find on e-bay is SHIT. Because most people who sell bikes on e-bay are assholes!
im the guy who walks away laughing at a person like you if ur smart enough you'd go into a bike shop sus out the bike than buy it on ebay for alot cheaper why buy a bike from a shop thats over priced? it doesnt mean ur getting any better quality it just means your bending over for the shop owner while he kicks back sipping on his posh cuppa coffee at your expense also i can tell u i just bought something on ebay about a week ago the item is worth $300-$400 in shops i got it for $54 whos gettin the deals? you surely aint ;)

LOL!

thanks for teh amusement throtl. All of these 'problems' are trivial. Had you have given your bike a once over before riding 99% of your listed problems would not have occured. But youve got the idea now, loctite all the bolts and go and have fun. Honestly, if you dont realise that there will be quality and manufacturing issues for a $800 BRAND NEW 125 TRAIL BIKE then you shouldnt be riding it!

sixeven, im with gazza. How can you say EVERYTHING on ebay is shit? Have you bought and tried everything? Sure, there is alot of crap on ebay, and hey you know what theres alot of crap in the corners of shops aswell!

A general rule for ebay is know exactly what your buying before you go and bid.

throtl, welcome to the world of motocross...we spend 30 minutes riding and three hours wrenching. I have agb 29s we completely dis-assemble, re-grease,loc-tite and re-torque before we ever ride, but we do the same thing on our Jap bikes. What kind of preventative maintenance schedule do you have your bike on ? My 29's come from China with a very basic owners manual, with nothing on maintenance, I suggest you get a copy of an owners manual form one of the Jap bikes and follow it ( where applicable ) for your 29. If you can't find anything let me know and I will send you a maint. schedule that I use.

sixeven, im with gazza. How can you say EVERYTHING on ebay is shit? Have you bought and tried everything? Sure, there is alot of crap on ebay, and hey you know what theres alot of crap in the corners of shops aswell!

A general rule for ebay is know exactly what your buying before you go and bid.
i agree :) look at the hummer i just bought i went into a store sussed out the bike they wanted $2200 i went home bought the same bike for under $1600 off ebay even got longer warranty off the ebay hummer *rolls eyes*

I have bought some mad shit on ebay.
A lot of stuff is cheaper on ebay because they don't need to pay employees,Pay for a shop front,Pay for overtime,Pay employees superanuation....I can keep going if you like but buying right from a seller on ebay is a lot cheaper then buying from a store as is usually a single person or a couple running the ebay business so they keep 100% of the profit they make!

P.S what is locktite?

Goretex Loctite is a glue for bolt threads , it comes in different grades depending on if you are going to remove the bolts or not , think along the lines of the style of superglue in different strengths

any dirt bike at all be it chinese or jap as tfmartin says needs to be stripped down and checked over before you even start , they just dont have any grease in em and they need to be checked over on a regular basis which is a good reason to wash the bike and keep an eye on bolts

this is also where those paint pens come in handy to mark nuts and bolts as they are easily seen if they have moved

give em the once over before you start , grease and loctite and they wll last you a long time

the chinese ones throw away the chain and spark plug as well before you begin

reality truth at the end of the day , if you are not mechanical AT ALL then stay away from bikes full stop

Last edited:
I have a thumpstar annd a yamaha yz125 "yamaha" a good brand you still got to do a hell of alot of maintenence nuts and bolts come lose. it doesnt mater if the bike was $800 or $8000 they still need regular maintenence.

Hmmmm if i pull my bike apart I doubt I will be able to put it back together

reality truth at the end of the day , if you are not mechanical AT ALL then stay away from bikes full stop

haha true, unless your dad is!:p
Im not the most mechanically minded person, but I do know basic crap, which is all you need to know.

all you need to know is right is tight, left is loose.

Ive had my bike for 2 years.

and yes i have:

Broken Spokes
Buckled Rims
Broken both Levers.
Snapped Both Foot Pegs
Bent gear shifter beyond usability.
Broke Chain tensionors.
Snapped many Chains
Bent hangers.
Broke the throttle.
Snapped Plastics.
Punctured too many Tubes.
Bent Swingarm.
Snapped stock exhaust.
Stand went into my chain.

Yes, things will break, bend and snap on these bikes.

number one rule clean the air filter every ride on any bike.my guess is half the people who own bikes wouldnt know where to start.ive seen 18 month old jap bikes that need full rebuilds just because the owner doesnt do enough maintenance.

Number 1- The manuals that come with these bikes are near useless, yes it says to check all nuts and bolts ever half hour LOL :) That to me is just them trying to cover there asses. I was meant to check them before each ride but never did, so Im guilty of neglecting the nuts and bolts. But that doesnt destract from the fact. Im not going to bag the bikes because I know its there pride and joy for most people and I have had some real good fun on it. I even thought to myself its the best $900 iv spent. Yeah there fun but you get what you pay for and i expected it to be crap. Turns out its better than what I thought untill lately when I added up whats come loose. I can handle a couple bolts come loose off the plastics that could have been my fault or my friends who helped out. Then the first problem was the bolt that holds the suspension came out. Again that could have been my fault, but luckly that bolt was still very secure even without the bolt. But after the exhaust bolts and then the engine bolt came off and loose thats when I said geez. Im really not pissed at all, but I cant really be stuffed stripping it and loctitening the lot. Im just greatful no major accedants happend. Oh well looks like iv got a little project on my hand.
Oil changes always got done and the engine hasnt been abused and parts oild. Filter has been cleaned with an air compressor. So this bike has been mechanicly maintained and fairly well looked after. Hey, im not going to lie its taking a bat at times and riding like a dirt bike should be. Still goes good because i know how to ride and not over rev it. Otherwise I treat the bike with respect. Structually it hasnt been maintained. If anything I would have thought the engine would stuff up quick or the suspention would be crap. I didnt think these stupid chinese, not unintellegant, would sell these bikes with the ability to fall apart, isnt that what these so called cetificates are for(CE and the rest of the crap). These bikes should be sold with a stern warning that say that these bikes are terably unsafe and unstable and require maintanace every half hour. People should be aware of loose screw and should be made to sign before they buy to at least put the seller in the clear. Its actually the Australian buyers (companys) fault. They should tell these idiots to use higher quality bolts and loctite where appropriate and sell the bikes for an extra 20 measly dollers. Or "we can not sell to the Australian market" Do we not agree?

Over all you would have a much better, higher quality, more stable, more secure, safer, reliable bike with more bang for your your buck, less maintanace and more play time. None of us bought these bike to check each bolt before we ride. But you do it because thats what needs to be done and thats the price you pay for buying an el-cheapo china crap that actually does work. Well at least for now. im going to enjoy it while it lasts!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back