ebay 125cc thumper copy

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazzy #1

Reaction score
would a 125cc thumpstar be sutible for an easy going life and the regular thrash? i have seen a 125cc thumpstar copy on ebay and was wounding if it would last an easy life?

here is the one i found:

[eBay link removed as per forum guidelines]

they look OK :roll:

what are your verdicts :?:

no knock off bike will hold up for a long period of time, they will always have something break because of the low quality materials, if it is based on the crf/xr50, parts should be no problems as there are lots of online stores in AUS selling mini parts now.

send the ebay link to me in a PM so i can check the bike out.

PS. dont know why ebay links are being deleted now, since there are ads on this site linking ebay like this
ebay.JPG

No-Fear said:
send the ebay link to me in a PM so i can check the bike out.

PS. dont know why ebay links are being deleted now, since there are ads on this site linking ebay like this
ebay.JPG

Due to the eBay links being so long, when syndicating the forums posts on the homepage they are causing all kinds of problems.

As I said previously, it aint too much trouble to just post the contents of the eBay listing in the post instead of posting the link.

ok ill do it this way :x

4.jpg

3.jpg

DB10.jpg

1.jpg

BIKE SPECIFICATIONS:
Power Plant: 125cc 4-stroke with flat top racing piston, 2 valve head
Max Power: 5.8KW/7500rpm
Max Torque: 8.5N.m/5500rpm
Fuel Tank: 3.0L
Engine oil: 1.1L
Start mode: kick start
Transmission: chain
Front suspension: Alloy 33mm long travel forks
Brake: Wave blade rotor front and rear hydraulic disc brakes to increase braking bite and power
Product dimensions: 127 x 35 x 77cm
Seat Height: 70cm
Front & Rear tire: Alloy 10" anodized rear rim and 10" anodized front rim with heavy duty spokes
4 Ply Tyres - KENDA " Milville k771 " with heavy duty tubes
Dry Weight: 59KG
Alloy Bash Plate
Alloy billeted foot-pegs
Gold Race Chain
KEIHIN Racing Carburetor
Factory style grips with reinforced ends
Braided, stainless steel brake line hoses
Alloy rear swing arm
Alloy billet petrol cap with billet gas breather
Deep-sound alloy High Performance Exhaust

yea thats what i thought, i like it. one sold for $879 im saving and trying to sell things i dont need to friends

For the price these things are golden, i own a simmiler rip off to this one,
problems are useless rear shocky, fixed that by drilling a hole in it and re filling with oil, weakm footpegb mount, easily reinforced and super crappy chains sprockets, although this one may have decent ones.
The engine? No joke faster than a Real 125cc thumpstar and dead even to a 3 valve 110 that had been ported, the power these thing put out is quite impressive realy, for a cheapo anyway.

well seeing i have forgoten what a valve is and the difference it makes if you have less or more, would anyone be kind enough to elaberate on that? (i had been told at work experiance but it didnt stick to in my head i just wanted to rebuild a engine, and drive the lawnmowers back into the garage)

minidirt said:
No joke faster than a Real 125cc thumpstar and dead even to a 3 valve 110 that had been ported, the power these thing put out is quite impressive realy, for a cheapo anyway.

LMFAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: how many horse power does your knock off have?
once u tell me your HP i will tell you mine.

Dude your real thumpstar (if its a Pro 125cc) is only 7kw @ 7500rpm at stock.

The 125cc ones which gazza, eatslikehomer and i have are 8.3kw @9000rpm stock.

That's fact - you're not bulletproof!

now dont get carried away, i just wanted an answer to my question not a disagrement like childs play :twisted:

I'm in China and I just finished a new Dirtbike that puts this and the thumpstar to shame.

I've got 125cc, 110cc water cooled and 110cc. All aluminum frame or Chromly steel. All parts are alloy pretty much.

I'll post pics and stats later. I'll be looking for an AU distributor soon. I just spent the last 5 days hammering on it, jumping it etc. Almost done working out the minor flaws. (stupid stuff like the fearing getting pressed into muffler by ur leg n stuff like that.)

macka said:
Dude your real thumpstar (if its a Pro 125cc) is only 7kw @ 7500rpm at stock.

The 125cc ones which gazza, eatslikehomer and i have are 8.3kw @9000rpm stock.

That's fact - you're not bulletproof!

lmao 1.3KW bit difference there, pitty your bike doing it at 9krpm and i doubt u would eva hit 9krpm. :roll:
i asked for HP at rear wheel come on where your answer? a stock crf will have more HP than your bike.
my engine has been worked and has well over 13HP.
now get out & ride.

Pull your head in No Fear. 1.3kW extra = 19% more power than a standard thumpstar. Not bad for a cheaper bike.

try it and see, the forks look like they are on a huge lean aswell are they bent ?

dude i dont own this bike yet, im just susing it out before i buy anything that might have problems like that? does ur front wheel hit the engine when u go over jumps NO-FEAR?

i have been told by a seller of mini dirt bikes that the new 125cc engine is made in japan, yes japan not china. very strong and powerfull.

Latest posts

Back