Ebay / Gumtree bargains !!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got what you meant lol
i was saying if you brace the tow point to the chassis nice and ruggedly then you would have no probs with your 2 bikes. with out bracing id be skeptical

i got what you meant lol
i was saying if you brace the tow point to the chassis nice and ruggedly then you would have no probs with your 2 bikes. with out bracing id be skeptical

Yeah I wasnt sure! But you drive a ute so I should have known we're on the same page!

Yeah there is a 1 bike rack for about the same price too. Just thinking it will be WAY easier to get people out riding if I can carry 5 bikes :thumbup: then with the trailer and Craig we should be able to carry in the vicinity of 8 bikes!! So that would be pretty cool, no excuses from people who have no 'bike transport'.

I could probably carry 3 bigwheels and 1, 50 in the tray. So capacity for another two would be pretty awesome. I can probably swing that so I can claim it on tax too :banana:

^^ budget ?
i'm pretty sure Billy Connolly crashed his Harley when touring in the US with one of these
Motorcycle Bike Grip Throttle Rocker Assist Wrist Cruise Control Hand Cramp Rest | eBay

$(KGrHqV,!p8E8WnzEVzNBPRn2Q78kw~~60_12.JPG

Hey stooza, I got a bike carrier on my holden and with 140kgs on the back I really notice it. It is not really a how much weight can the ball take or how much weight the suspension can take but more the risk of having the front end so light. This making cornering a bit scary especially if wet. With 8 bikes you might find that out pretty quick, I'd really be slowing down for corners with that much weight on the back. Just my opinion anyway.

Hey stooza, I got a bike carrier on my holden and with 140kgs on the back I really notice it. It is not really a how much weight can the ball take or how much weight the suspension can take but more the risk of having the front end so light. This making cornering a bit scary especially if wet. With 8 bikes you might find that out pretty quick, I'd really be slowing down for corners with that much weight on the back. Just my opinion anyway.

Yeah its a one ton ute RWD, towing capcity is 1.8 tons, and I have 4wd tyres on it that are about a million times more grippy than the standard commercial tyres that you can get. I've had a little bit of experience driving in my time. At one point we put 1.56 tons in the tub at the landscape supplies shop, that was dodgy as you say handling massively changes. Driving up to Darwin a couple of years back we had about 600kg in the back, wasnt a real problem. Can probably pick up upgraded springs from a wrecker for not to much either. I'm kinda sure whats in there will be fine for 140kgs hanging off the tow bar as my ute is also really long wheelbase so I dont think it will mess with the stability to much. The ute is actually pretty unmanagable in the wet through the hills without weight in the back :thumbdown: it was even more ridiculous without the 4wd tyres on it!! Read 3rd gear would just let go at will doing 80 without increasing the throttle just from weight changes...not so much fun...

Gooseman you havnt seen my tube channel yet have you? I started doing this cause its WAY cheaper than tyres and fines....and putting unaware idiots(normal drivers/pedestrians) at risk :thumbup:

[video=youtube;Nfpz6-1PhOw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfpz6-1PhOw[/video]

Last edited:
try a proton jumbuck with 2 cbr600rr stunt bikes in the back.. i can physically wheelie the **** box down the free way
moral of the story is dont buy a ute built by proton(my mate never got that moral or brain cells :p )

that would be a funny sight, but not so much if it was in your rear view mirror !

try a proton jumbuck with 2 cbr600rr stunt bikes in the back.. i can physically wheelie the **** box down the free way
moral of the story is dont buy a ute built by proton(my mate never got that moral or brain cells :p )

How the feck do you even fit 2 road bike on the back???? Need pics cause i wanna piss myself laughing :) In saying that though, those little utes hanldle like there on rails (without a load) don't think they last that long though.

just about anything by proton handles reasonably, due to lotus telling them what to do with their suspension. the proton utes however are not a ute. might as well be a excel with a tray stu lol

I kinda liked them when they first came out! Then a place I was working got one and it was so junk...who makes a fwd Ute? Thats just pointless! Would be a cracking little drift bus if it was rwd!!! I really want to see a photo of the 2 stunt bikes in the back....

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Yeah mate I'm positive you paid 3.3K for that new....seriously there is something wrong with Adelaide...

Motovert Pro125 | Motorcycles | Gumtree Australia Morphett Vale Area - Happy Valley | 1043671157

is that sarcasm i sense? because they were the flagship for motovert and i think the pros were worth around the same as a lxr........ maybe not 3300 for the 125 model, but would of been 2600 at least. second hand i can see it being worth his asking price if its as immaculate as he says and it looks it.

Yeah except there's a shop in Adelaide that sells that exact model for 1800 brand new ;-)

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

they are a diff bike to the current motovert pros, and he has a crap load of bling on it. i would be asking that much if i owned that bike. zochies, dnm rear shock by the looks of it, billet hubs oil cooler plus that sexy as f@ck frame, if it was in tas id probably buy it.

they were that price new stu,
even the old thumpstar 10" bikes were around $2800 new back in the day

I'm not doubting that at all.....thing is market value now is what....RRP??? Makes no difference what you paid you have to go off the current RRP of the bike not one from 8 years ago....

Motovert Pro 125cc 2014 | PitPro Dirt Bikes Australia's Largest Online Pitbike Store

Why on earth anyone would but a second hand bike for $200 less than the current bike I have nfi....My sister tries this **** on too, bought a benchtop dishwasher for $400(ripped off)...paid $100 for a freaking tap adaptor you could make for about $2 then wants $300 for it when I can buy a brand new one for $200.....

People here are greedy and unrealistic with second hand goods! Thats the freaking problem :thumbdown:

Anyway might be buying another pitpro for $80 tonight or tomorrow...unless anyone else in Adelaide wants a good deal, I really should be spending more money atm!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back