Elka shock on braaap

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

china911

Reaction score
Just curious on the Elka rear shock . Is it the real deal ? or is it specifically made for ycf /braaap. lve been researching and only coming up with piggy back and compression adjustment models. The braaap has the bog stocker / no frills installed but l cant find it listed any were.

sorry, i put up the wrong link before

they are genuine, custom built for pit bikes
Made in Canada, and have the model number stamped into the top of the shock at the front

YFC Mini MX Bikes offered stock with Elka Suspension | Elka Suspension

l was tempted to look through ycf 's catalogue to see confirm authenticity thou too large to down load. Thanks for that. Any thing goes with these china builds. My mate spent 8 months in china as a mechanical draftsman at some compressor plant. stories of mile long factories that can replicate items that 5 -10 years ago were unattainable.

It's the real deal.

A company I used to work for sent steel harmonic balancers to China to get made in the 100's, they all came back with a scratch on them, when asked why, they said because thats what the sample had!

A company I used to work for sent steel harmonic balancers to China to get made in the 100's, they all came back with a scratch on them, when asked why, they said because thats what the sample had!

Lol, i have seen that before.
I worked for a Wood Working Machinery Factory/Sales years ago.
The boss wanted to have a promotional item to give away, and he decided on tape measures.
So he did a rough draft of the sticker that he wanted on it, and sent it to the manufacturer.
It had our company name in bold black, set in the middle of an outline map of Australia, on a round orange background, nice and simple.

the chinese factory copied his design exactly, the outline map of Australia looked like a 6 year old had drawn it, it was just a rough as picture.
we couldn't stop laughing when we received 10,000 of them.... :lol: :lol_hitting:

Both those stories are funny, but that is how they operate. Once you tell them what you want, that is exactly what you are going to get. Also, the term "factory" is thrown around very loosely. A "factory" over there can be the size of a single car garage, and a one person operation.

The remote resi elka's are for non linkage bikes like Braap. They are shorter than the other ones which are designed for linkage.

I think you used to be able get remote resi for linkage as well but I don't think they make them anymore as you have more room to fit the resi on the actually shock itself running linkage.

Wicked shock. Worth every cent IMO.

Ive also heard of a story of an engineering company wanting to do business in China. They sent them the smallest drill bit they could make, it came back with a hole drilled down the centre of it. SNAP

Latest posts

Back