Engine Problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samboyizcool

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have tuned my engine so that when the coke is on it is revving a bit higher than normal but then when i turn the choke off it cuts out? Do i need a new spark plug or is there some damage to the carby?

Did you tune it with the choke on? If so take it back to where it was idleing befor (choke on), turn off the choke and then tune.

EDIT:

Sure you didn't touch the air/fuel screw?

Last edited:
Yeah thats what i said i did? haha

Iv tuned it so that it revs a bit higher than normal with the choke on. (which is suppose to happen)

But then when i turn off the choke the engine cuts out straight away, do i need a new spark plug?

i doubt the spark plug is your problem, sounds like you need to check the carb settings (mixture screw) or maybe change the pilot jet or just a simple blow out with air..

while your at check your valve clearances..

samboy, have a read of what everyone is saying first.

there are 2 things that you generally must have played with without changing internals of your carby which i assume you havent because you are asking if you have to turn the fuel of to take out the carby.

what sean01 is saying is what you should be doing, first check your valve clearances and then you have 2 screws on your carby which is what you have played with im guessing.

one of the screws adjusts what your bike will idle at - so obviously this could be too far out so when you turn the choke off the idle revs are too low to keep it going and bam the bike dies

the other screw is your fuel mixture screw and you could have played with this one, messing up the tune of the bike

i suggest adjusting the idle screw so that it revs even higher when the choke is on and then turn the choke off and see where it idles at. Once idling and warmed up, adjust the idle screw again to get the bike idling at the correct amount of revs that you want.

Do i just need to turn off the fuel when taking out the carby?

going by this post, i sincerely suggest you get help from a friend or family member to help you out.. because that question is self explanatory..

you seem like you have no idea with what your doing so maybe someone else can guide you while your doing it...

failing that, dont touch another thing until you have read all the relevant threads in the tech section of this forum..

keep us updated with your progress or issues..
and remember.. ask first do later

p.s.. im not having a go at you, just trying to save you from a bigger problem..

Latest posts

Back