Engine Recommendations DHZ z160 HO

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi i have just bought a dhz dpro 160 with a z160ho engine(has not arrived yet) does anyone own this engine if u do can u give me some feedback about it..

Here in the States, YX/Piranha 160's have been fitted to the Madass numerous times. I'm building a 195cc engine for one, right now, PC'd matte black to match the Sachs. Almost identical engine to the Z, save for having a longer stroke (57/160cc vs 55/155cc) and wider gearing ratios, 16mm kick shaft. With the 3-phase conversion they run the stock electrics, are strong runners. The $200 cheaper 155-non-HO has no oil filter, iffy trans shimming, the Honda 50 4.056 primary ratio rather than the 3.72 of the rest of the Chinese motors, Taky, Honda 70, etc. Makes overall gearing tough to get tall enough. We clearance for 420 18t front sprockets to give some legs. The taller 1st of the "actual" close ratio Z-HO's might make take-off a bit touchy, if sprocketed tall enough to get some speeding tickets:)

Does anyone own this engine (z160ho) if u do can u tell me how it runs (goes) because i have recently orded a dhz dpro 160 with a z160ho engine in it which will arrive on tuesday.
Thanks

thanks for all the input guys. i usually live by you get what you pay for so i have decided to go with the z160 HO.

interestingly enough i thought a 30mm mikuni was too big too. though i have just got off the phone with motorbike city and they are selling the z160ho (155cc) and it comes with a 30mm mikuni of the shelf. also reckons he runs 30mm on his daytona 150 and swears by it.

now i am confused. everywhere i have read a 26mm is the go and a 28mm is too big.

anyone running a 30mm on a 140 or greater are care to comment?

It's all been said heaps of times before ... but to repeat it , the "30" Mikuni's are an oval bore carb (venturi measures 22 mm wide x 30 mm high) that are equal in venturi area to a 26 mm round bore carb such as a Mikuni VM-26 or OKO 26 round bore carb (26 x 26) ... (Take 4 mm off the 30 mm height and add it to the 22 mm width and you have 26 x 26 ... simple) ...

http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/22832-26mm-vs-30mm-carby.html

Some more links with interesting facts ...

http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/17528-molket-carbies-what-s-go-2.html

More Molkt Junk Jetting - Page 4 - Planet Minis

i am in the midst of wiring mine now.. couldnt get a bolt in stator for my z160 so i ended up getting a 75w light weight stator from ooracing in UK. its all together now with a 37T rear sprocket and new chain.. just need to wire it up bolt it in and cross my fingers it works.

Will post again how it goes in a week or so :)

i am in the midst of wiring mine now.. couldnt get a bolt in stator for my z160 so i ended up getting a 75w light weight stator from ooracing in UK. its all together now with a 37T rear sprocket and new chain.. just need to wire it up bolt it in and cross my fingers it works.

Will post again how it goes in a week or so :)

How much was it posted to aus? If it works ok I'll probably grab one also for my z160 as I'm having trouble finding one with charging.

can get them for 1900 buck posted to the goldie for ken at dhz

I'm assuming you mean $190? and that's for the ooracing one? or one he has a different one to fit a z160? I thought if they had one to suit a z160 they would have pointed me in the right direction rather than just saying the one i asked about wont fit.

I'm assuming you mean $190? and that's for the ooracing one? or one he has a different one to fit a z160? I thought if they had one to suit a z160 they would have pointed me in the right direction rather than just saying the one i asked about wont fit.

my bad, you just ment the motor hay, whole bikes that, motor are $600

my bad, you just ment the motor hay, whole bikes that, motor are $600

lol, I'm just after an ORK that fits a z160. Sage got one from ooracing, that's what I was asking about postage for as they are in the UK.

i got this one:

OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components - Super spin 75W ignition and charging system for YX & Zongcheng 150/160/170 & 4V motors (Powered by CubeCart)

they added 40 pounds for delivery though you save a bit on that price cause you dont need to pay VAT.

Interesting they reckon it adds 2HP cause they are so light and i must admit they are MUCH lighter than the unit that came with it.

I have attempted wiring this up to my madass 50 though i am out of my league trying to find a pro now to help out.

i got this one:

OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components - Super spin 75W ignition and charging system for YX & Zongcheng 150/160/170 & 4V motors (Powered by CubeCart)

they added 40 pounds for delivery though you save a bit on that price cause you dont need to pay VAT.

Interesting they reckon it adds 2HP cause they are so light and i must admit they are MUCH lighter than the unit that came with it.

I have attempted wiring this up to my madass 50 though i am out of my league trying to find a pro now to help out.

Thanks for the info.

I ended up getting RACING OUTROTOR KIT, ADJUST TIMING, SEMI-DIGI CDI, HARNESS - DHZ Mini Moto but 3mm needs to be taken off the back plate apparently.

I feel your pain with the wiring though, it's a nightmare if you are flying blind.

I'm following this build keenly, as I just started a z160ho conversion on a skyteam st90/TGB Munster.

I had never heard of an st90 before so I started googling and eventually found a pic...
picture105930zf.jpg

Is that what you have? If so that is AWESOME!

Are they registerable?

ok guys im pretty much done!

Wiring was a nightmare though got there in the end.

I know a lot of people were interested in the Madass Mods post so i thought id share my project..

I finally took my madass for its first ride last night! Did about 4k's just to start to run in the engine and to shake anything loose before i go over it again. Took it up to about 90kmh and it was doing it easily.. didnt really go over about half throttle though it had plenty of go!

Its a 2006 Madass 50cc with custom handle bars and rear view mirrors.

Running a Pitster Pro z160HO Engine
New 2010 PitsterPro z160 HO Engine, 6 Plate HD Clutch, Rotor Kit Support Lighting & Battery Charging - DHZ Mini Moto

30mm Mikuni Carbie.

This light weight stator to provide plenty of electrical grunt and to help it rev nice and quickly
OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components - Super spin 75W ignition and charging system for YX, Zongcheng, Lifan, Jailing, 70/90/110/120/125/140/150/160/170/176 & 4V motors (Powered by CubeCart)

37T rear sprocket (as small as they get only a couple of mm smaller and the chain would be rubbing.
OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components - Sprocket Sachs Madass 50cc type 37,43,45,49 420 & 428 (Powered by CubeCart)

Aftermarket rear shock
OORacing - performance monkey bike, pit bike, madass, zoomer, dirt bike components - Shock upgrade for Madss 50cc/125cc (Powered by CubeCart)
video of rear shock in action here: YouTube - Sachs madass rear shock test OORacing.com

Only other mods is i have removed the 2nd half of a factory 125 exhaust and i am currently running it muffler free.. its VERY loud and sounds awesome! to be perfectly honest i love it! though i really need to quieten it down by about 10-15% otherwise ill be cop bait..

Have also removed the rear guard assembly put on a neptune rear carrier bracket and reseated all the wiring and numberplate housing..

Still need to work out what i am going to do with the exhaust and need to mount the oil cooler and work on lowering the seat tho other than that good to go!

SSIMAG0073.jpg

Latest posts

Back