Exhaust Mods

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylegooseman

Reaction score
G'day,
I am planning on upgrading my 110 Lifan to a z160 HO and was wondering if I could modify my current exhaust to fit the 160 or is the bore the wrong size, im trying to save a bit of $$$ by using what ive got so could i do this?
Cheers
Kyle

G'day,
I am planning on upgrading my 110 Lifan to a z160 HO and was wondering if I could modify my current exhaust to fit the 160 or is the bore the wrong size, im trying to save a bit of $$$ by using what ive got so could i do this?
Cheers
Kyle

hmmm, am i missing something?

Yea ive had a talk with my dad and im gonna keep the engine ive got for now cos its still in excellent condition but im gonna upgrade it. What mods do you reckon I should do, Ive got a mikuni carbie

Oh sorry about that, we discussed it again and he said I can so im gonna get extra hours at my job and get it but im just trying to make it as cheap as possible, sorry for the confusion

aaah ok, well short answer is no. you need a new header pipe, unless someone here has one for sale you best just buy a new one.

I'm not sure if your close to the City Motorbike place up in QLD but they sell the header pipes for $50.
You may be able to arrange to buy one down here in Melbourne and have it shipped up to you...

You can buy a pipe adaptor or you can get someone who knows what they're doing to heat your stock pipe up so it can be bent to fit your frame ...

I've read where FP I think said he has gotten someone to rev an engine until the pipe glows to the point where it can be carefully bent to fit (wearing heat protective gloves of course) ... Anything can be done if you put your mind to it ...

yeah iv heated pipes in the past just from engine heat, glow red then bend..

but, my guess would be a 110 pipe will be too small in diameter unless youve upgraded it in the past to a 30mm or more pipe...

iv never tried the pipe adapters but from what iv heard there rubbish..

cut and weld job is what i prefer.. or total custom pipe..

You can buy a pipe adaptor or you can get someone who knows what they're doing to heat your stock pipe up so it can be bent to fit your frame ...

I've read where FP I think said he has gotten someone to rev an engine until the pipe glows to the point where it can be carefully bent to fit (wearing heat protective gloves of course) ... Anything can be done if you put your mind to it ...

yeah iv heated pipes in the past just from engine heat, glow red then bend..

but, my guess would be a 110 pipe will be too small in diameter unless youve upgraded it in the past to a 30mm or more pipe...

iv never tried the pipe adapters but from what iv heard there rubbish..

cut and weld job is what i prefer.. or total custom pipe..

$139 new exhaust is looking much easier..lol

definitely heaps easier, but if he can use a grinder, has access to a welder and his pipe is big enough then modifying is cheaper lol

Latest posts

Back