• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Miniriders and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Fire Power Mini's New Site Sponsor!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorman

Admin "The Cougar"
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would like to announce that Terry from Fire Power Mini's has come onboard as a site sponsor.

We all know how much of guru he is and are extremely happy he is now a site sponsor!!

Look out for some new blogs in the near future as well.

Nick

Thank you all for the opportunity! I've really appreciated the warm welcome I've received from the membership and moderation here, and am glad to have a chance to give some thing back. I know I'm half a world away, but it seems the Aussie attitude more closely matches my own:) I'll be getting after those tech articles shortly (open to suggestions), and be on hand to put in my .02 on engine-based inquiries.

Cheers!

Terry Straubel AKA The_GDFP
Owner/Mechanic/Shipping & Receiving/Floor sweeper
Fire Power Minis

Ripping Terry welcome aboard ... on blog suggestions ? I for one wanna here about the 100mph run and the motor that did it.

Sick as, good to see all these new sponsors!!! Welcome!

Regards,
Carlton

Thanks again for the warm reception:)

The land-speed stuff is the property of a magazine that I did the work for, and is currently on the stands here, so mum on most of that. (OK, maybe a FB PM sneak;)). There will be an independent FPM effort at the Maxton Mile in September, to go along side the other program, and I'll go on about that, win or lose. I've got a swell little rider that can tuck under the paint, and a couple of FP'ed engines on the ready. We'll be looking to go after Modified Production 50, 100, 125 and 175cc classes. Wouldn't mind getting some video footage of a certain set of dreads flying by on a little bike, at over the ton, next year:)

Oh yeah just come n ride the fastest thing in the world :eek: ... ya knew I'd say yes though didn't ya lol ... Ok Tez I accept your generous offer mate though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about it because 100mph felt pretty fast on a ducati but it's gunna be kidding on a mini. Don't worry though mate I'm down for a crack :thumbup:

Now better build my meditation pyramid and start chanting my mantra lol

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain. "

Oh yeah just come n ride the fastest thing in the world :eek: ... ya knew I'd say yes though didn't ya lol ... Ok Tez I accept your generous offer mate though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous about it because 100mph felt pretty fast on a ducati but it's gunna be kidding on a mini. Don't worry though mate I'm down for a crack :thumbup:

Now better build my meditation pyramid and start chanting my mantra lol

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain. "

I would have though 100mph would feel like cruising speed on a duke... It certainly does on the 600+cc Jap bikes I've ridden :p

Could be a little more hairy with only a sliver of bike between yourself and the ground though. Going fast is much more fun when you have to work for it!

PS, nice mantra, I prefer "I will not crap in my pants", on repeat.

PPS, a big welcome to FP and Terry!

Last edited:
Haaaa! My new "colorful" ads are up:) Thanks for getting them up there, Sheree. And thanks for making them, Missus FP/Mandy!

Haaaa! My new "colorful" ads are up:) Thanks for getting them up there, Sheree. And thanks for making them, Missus FP/Mandy!

I disabled AdBlock just to have a gawk at them... I see you know alternate numerical characters; truly amazing!

On a side note, please start hassling Piranha to source suppliers in Aus... I want me a Honda/Kwaka clone hybrid :D

Last edited:
On a side note, please start hassling Piranha to source suppliers in Aus... I want me a Honda/Kwaka clone hybrid :D

I'll talk to Uncle Jack about sending a container that way. Maybe I can fly down to unload it and peddle the goodies? Hmmmm...

Yeah Krazed I was on an old pantah 500... think I got it to 170 over captain cook bridge but that's all it had ... I've done about 210 on my mates two stroke rg500 and that was cool ... just meant 160 on the pantah felt heaps quicker than 160 in the car and I'm guessin 160 on a mini will feel pretty quick but I'm definately down for a crack ... fastest Ozzy on a mini would be a cool title.

Banners look good Tez they stand out like dog balls

Yeah Krazed I was on an old pantah 500... think I got it to 170 over captain cook bridge but that's all it had ... I've done about 210 on my mates two stroke rg500 and that was cool ... just meant 160 on the pantah felt heaps quicker than 160 in the car and I'm guessin 160 on a mini will feel pretty quick but I'm definately down for a crack ... fastest Ozzy on a mini would be a cool title.

If I'm there with you mate and Terry let's a lonely MR admin have a crack we can fight for it!! :p

Ah, certainly anything a bit older or sub 600cc begins to get interesting... I topped out my '03 GS500 at around 170; certainly felt fast on it!

100mph on a mini is quite bold indeed... I look forward to the vid of your dreads fluttering in the "breeze" ;)

MM - Perhaps we can build a mini jetski for you to set a record on? :p

Ah, the sweet sounds of a 90 degree Duck, giving its all... Beautiful music, indeed.
My first trips over the ton were on the RD400 I rode in college. Clubman bars, home-built rearsets, scooped seat, quite a bit of fun. It seized on me once, over 100, when an oil line fell off. As soon as I chopped the throttle for a freeway off-ramp, it locked tight. Pulled the clutch and coasted a long ways, let it set, hooked the oiler up, left the choke on that carb and limped home. I was maybe 19, fearless and not so bright.

A buddy had a Gamma 500, and was pulling my 900 Ninja on top until I recalled I had 6, not 5 gears:) First decent ride on it, after my 1100 'zuke got stolen. I was wondering why the rev limiter was sticking me at 145/240. 175/280 was about all my ZX11 would do, and I checked almost every day. My reaction times and grip strength aren't what they used to be, and I now have little ones to care for, so those days are gone. I sold the 200hp engine from my '82 1000 Kat, just so I wouldn't be tempted.

Joe told me the little bike felt smooth and stable. GSX-R1000 steering damper, 4 degrees more rake, and 21" from bars to tarmac make it a joy ride;)

I'm a daft Yank, remember, but do know dog balls stand out. Is that good? lol

If I'm there with you mate and Terry let's a lonely MR admin have a crack we can fight for it!! :p

Helz yeah! Like my step-sister, if you've got the nerve to ride it, I don't mind. Just wear the correct protective equipment, as the fierce little thing will tear you up if you aren't riding it right. Bike too.

Ah, certainly anything a bit older or sub 600cc begins to get interesting... I topped out my '03 GS500 at around 170; certainly felt fast on it!

100mph on a mini is quite bold indeed... I look forward to the vid of your dreads fluttering in the "breeze" ;)

MM - Perhaps we can build a mini jetski for you to set a record on? :p

Mini Jet-Ski? Hmmmm. I have a buddy who holds some records with R/C boats:)
At 140kg, I'm likely to sink anything smaller than the QEII, so you boys will have to try that one without me.

Latest posts

Back