first bike need help :)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajaay

Reaction score
looking to get my first bike :) dont have much experience as im only 15
hey guys iv been looking at a few bike and i found a 2009 dhz
heres the specs let me know what u think

ALLOY KICKSARTER

BILLET CLUTCH LEVER payed $80

NEAR NEW REAR KENDA TYRE

DNM SHOCK PAYED $180 1 YEAR AGO SHOCK NEEDS THE SOFTING HARDENING NOB

FORKS USED TWICE DONT LEAK PAYED $200 HALF A YEAR AGO LIKE NEW ALO ONES ON THE BIKE ARE VERY GOOD TO

PITSTERPRO STICKER KIT

PROTAPER BARS AND GRIPS

NEW HEADSET BEARINGS FITTED

SOME SPARE PLASTICS SEAT

BAD POINTS:

THE KICKSTART SHAFT SNAPPED AND NEEDS A NEW GEARBOX WAS STARTING BEFORE THIS HAPPENED THE BIKE HAS BEEN VERY WELL MAINTAINED ALSO NEEDS KILL SWITCH

OTHER THAN THAT THE BIKE IS VERY GOOD the motor is a zongshen

the bikes $400 and shipping from melbourne to sydney and i dont have a very big budget
how much to fix it and what do you guys rekon?

or theres another bike which i might be able to get

DHZ 140cc Pit Bike (many mods and spares included) (eBay item 260753696294 end time 25-Mar-11 00:19:25 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

any help would be appreciated thanks guys

no not much but my mates a decent motorbike mechanic
and i was wonder if it would be easy to just chuck in a new engine?

$600-700 max
i can also get like 25% of pitpros thanks to my brothers mates but i hear there not so good..

Hey mate I just wrote a massive reply to you but accidently clicked a stupid link and lost it all... argggh

oh well here goes

fisrtly I had a pitpro and for the price the thing was great and lasted well, all it needs is ome tlc (tender loving care)

but I personally recommend that you get a decent second hand bike, especially for yout budget.

ALso somethings to look at when buying abike is the bike size (crf50, crf70, klx, ttr) each bike has different geometry and a different seat height which affects your sitting position.

Also look at the bikes suspension and engine...

and one very big help I cant stress enough is be patient.... don't buy a bike cuz its the "only one" left on ebay or becuase you want a quick buy. Be patient and more will turn up and more awesome deals will arrive and in the mean time the extra you save by waiting can be added to your budget... Easy as!!!

Regards
Carlton

U won it?

if so congrats mate and just make sure you go through the entire bike and grease and ocktite averything. Kepp it all spicky for your first ride :)

Carlton

Latest posts

Back