Fitting Fast Ace AS-02 to pit pro 138cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deon.jacob

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just recieved my fast ace forks for my pit pro 138cc and the bottom bearing that comes originally with the pit pro is to small to fit on the bottom of the fastace fork stem. can some one give me the name and part number of the bearing that will fit the fast ace fork. Been down to the local bike shops and they have nothing?????

there must be someone out there

There must be someone out there that has had the same problem?

lol its just like my thread on front brakes ,someone knows outthere but they can't be bothered typing.Try mybe some red barron tapered steering head bearings there availible from oz50 the product number is 590-crf-000 and are $60 but there top of the line stuff,not sure if they would work

There are a few different sizes out there. You need to give us (or your bearing supplier) the inside and outside measurements.

BTW Some of us have lives outside of sitting at a computer every night...but we help when we can. Just bump it up occasionally if ya not getting an answer.

could you send the pics of your bike?and the fork~,maybe i can help you.

wats wif that roarpower site,, has anone actually bought off there... cos i hav noticed it abit on ppl's sigs on other sites.

Hi Guys,

Just recieved my fast ace forks for my pit pro 138cc and the bottom bearing that comes originally with the pit pro is to small to fit on the bottom of the fastace fork stem. can some one give me the name and part number of the bearing that will fit the fast ace fork. Been down to the local bike shops and they have nothing?????

As far as I can determine , you can only get the bearings that you've probably already got now ! ( Lower bearing CGZ 320 / 23.5 ) which are ~ 44 mm O/D x 23.5 mm I/D and - (Upper bearing CGZ 320 / 22) which are ~ 44 mm O/D x 22 mm I/D !

Fast Ace forks are made to fit Honda XR/CRF type frames which take (Upper bearing H 22.5 / H 41 ) which are ~ 41 mm O/D x 22.5 mm I/D and - ( Lower bearing 24 H / 41 H ) which are ~ 41 mm O/D x 24 mm I/D bearings !

The alloy steering stem / pin on the Fast Ace AS-02 's measure 23.9 mm bottom and 22.4 mm top so the XR/CRF tapered roller bearings fit straight on the forks but have 3 mm slop in the twin pipe chromo frames which are between 43.75 and 44 mm I/D !

There are four OPTIONS -

1) Have bushes made to reduce the steering head bores in the chromo frame down from 44 mm to 41 mm so you can use Honda XR/CRF Jap or Aussie made tapered roller bearings ! But the lower bearing I/D is NOT a press fit onto the Fast Ace steering shaft / pin and is a bit too loose for my liking !

2) Have the alloy steering pin pressed out of the Fast Ace lower triple clamp and the top diameter machined down to a neat sliding fit to suit the 44 x 22 mm chinese bearing and the bottom machined down to suit the 44 x 23.5 mm Chinese bearing .The bottom bearing needs to be a PRESS fit onto the Fast Ace steering shaft / pin in order to totally eliminate any play and prevent it from occuring in the future ! You can buy dust seals that go on before the lower bearing is pressed on ~ to keep crap out , keep the rollers running smoothly and make them last longer !

3) The third option is to painstakingly hone the centre bore of the Chinese bearings out to suit the Fast Ace pin size - the bottom bearing needs .3 to .4 mm removed to achieve a press fit and the top bearing needs near .5 mm to achieve a sliding fit !

4) You can use different triple clamps that suit the Chinese bearings ie Pitster / GT triple clamps which use the 44 x 22 mm bearings top AND bottom and a steel steering shaft / pin . I don't know IF the Fast Ace AS-02 fork tubes will fit into the DHZ or Pit Pro triple clamps or not !

No they won't fit in the clamps.

I think you can get a good jap tapered bearing with 44 outside and 22 inside and also 23.5 from any industrial bearing supply shop. But you can't get the 41mm bearings 'cept through fiddy stores. Gotta watch some of the doods selling crf tapered bearings too, last set I got were 12 thou out of round and looked like they were real cheaply made. One of the bigger Aus fifty stores too. Not gonna say who but just surprised me considering the price they wanted too.

You need 44 x 23.9 for the bottom and 44 x 22.5 for the top so you'd still have open the bearings up ! You could probably do it with a brake slave cylinder hone and a bit of patience . I have two sets of AS-02's to fit to twin piped chromo frames .

My relo had his first SDG chromo frame bushed to fit 41 O/D bearings so he could adapt early DHZ USD forks to it . Then he bought a set of AS-01 Fast Ace tubes and GT/Pitster triple clamps , pin , and bearings (44 x 22 mm ) - but the Pitster pin was too short so he had to get a new one made to suit . He was cheesed because it cost him more than if he had just bought a new set of AS-02 's .

Nothing would surprise me - there's no shortage of scumbags waiting to rip pitbikers off with ridiculous prices plonked on top of parts they paid crumbs for !

thanks for the great advice guys

I think im gonna try the jap bearings and get bushes made, where or who do i go to to get a bushes made for my frame? Any help be much appreciated!!!

Last edited:
Any machinist in your area. Drop them off the lower clamp and both bearings.

I jsut ordered, the AS-02's for my DHZ, does that mean I am going to have the same problem?

No you probably will not as your DHZ frame should accept the 44mm bearings.

EDIT- Providing you have the replacement steering stem like DHZ provides on his forks not the fastace alloy stem. In that case refer above...

Last edited:
DHZ sells the bearings ......... buy them then take them along with your lower Fast Ace triple clamp to a bike shop or machine shop and tell them that you want the bottom bearing to be a press fit and the top bearing to be a neat sliding fit on the alloy Fast Ace stem . Most twin pipe chromo China frames take a 44 mm O/D bearing . As I said before , the Fast Ace forks are designed with fitting CRF50 frames in mind and are machined accordingly (41 mm O/D steering heads 24 mm I/D lower bearing and 22.5 I/D upper bearing) . The chinese bearings are 44 mm O/D x 22 mm I/D upper bearing and 44 O/D x 23.5 I/D lower .

DHZ can supply a complete steel pin , adjustment nut , cap nut , washer , shroud and bearings set ( I bought a set) but I'm not sure if they fit the lower Fast Ace triple clamp properly . The pin I got sent looks a bit rough on it with the machining not cleaning up the steel bar stock that they've used properly at the bottom where it would seat in the lower clamp .........

You can use CRF 50 bearings and get the outer races bushed up to 44 mm or your steering head bushed down to 41 mm but the lower bearing I/D is a bit sloppy on the alloy pin - allowing steering play . You could probably use fine shim or get the lower bearing face on the pin knurled to make the bearing a press fit .......

The good thing about the CRF bearings is that you can buy a set of All Balls or Moose brand bearings which come with upper and lower dirt / grease seals ........

Pic of the Chinese CGZ 44 X 22 & 44 X 23.5 bearings :

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s74/fashionfactorya1/parts/Picture078.jpg

Pic of the All Balls CRF 41 X 22.5 and 41 x 24 bearings with seals :

http://i4.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/a1/fb/02_1_b.JPG

http://i18.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/be/a8/f500_1.JPG

Or Moose Brand bearings with seals :

http://img.inkfrog.com/pix/lytleracinggroup/steeringbearingkit.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah the DHZ replacement stems are hit and miss. I have had to have some turned in the lathe to be correctly pressed home in the lower triple clamp and to fit the bearing but others ok.

Hey Mack , have you tried pressing out the alloy pin and machining it ? You'd think that somebody would have gotten Fast Ace to make them in a version to suit the Chinese bearing sizes by now :confused:

No, I have only ever fitted the alloy ones to honda sized steering heads therefore have always had to have them sleeved instead to take the 41mm crf bearings! Its a real pain in the @rse. Shits me that importers aren't getting the tapered bearings put in by now. It would be like 50c extra per bike.

I fitted he AS-02's to my bike last night, seemed to fit ok with the bearing form dhz, Only a few issues, the main bolt seemed quite long and i had to put wathers in and cut the top off the nut.

The tops of the clamp holes that holds the bar is 4.00mm smaller then the holes on the trees so it is all pulling in a little on the risers.

Latest posts

Back