flames backfiring out of exhaust

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djeuro1981

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im having an issue where im actually getting blue flames popping out my exhaust when i try rev my bike, the old exhaust had a hole in it and i replaced it with another exhaust that was of a 125cc engine "that i have on my bike now" only thing i can think of is when i was washing my bike i did not have the breather tube on my tank and i may have got a little water in the fuel??? if i run it empty should that fix the issue?? i have checked to make sure the exhaust is tight on the manifold or engine and it seems to be on there nice and tight

any kind of help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Shane

I had the same issue with my 200 when I first bought it ..the problem went away after I, drained the fuel completely from the carb and tank, fixed a crack in the inlet manifold ,cleaned the airfilter and tuned the carby so id say start by draining the fuel in your tank and float bowl..

thanks guys for all the support , its popping when i accelerate at full throttle

might be too lean then?
have you changed anything before it started happening ?
a dry foam air filter will let your bike run too lean

it isn't starting at all its when i kick it and it pops here and there out exhaust and out of the carby! have no idea what to do now!

have you ever checked the valve clearances?
might pay to do it just to make sure they are all good, it could stop the popping when you are kicking it over.
set the intake to .003", and the exhaust to .004", it will help the bike run, and help it last longer too.

[video=youtube;QJciyJRJh8Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJciyJRJh8Q[/video]

Latest posts

Back