For Those about to Rock... buying OKO Flatslides..

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey I have a yx160 with a oko 26mm im using 38 pilot and 104 main mixture screw about 1 1/4 out. needle clip on 2nd to top. ive had it on middle and second to bottom and bottom, works ok on 2nd to bottom and middle but if i slowly wind the throttle on at about 1/2 maybe little bit over it splutters abit then its fine all the way to redline. when i snap the throttle on most times its ok.
once i tryed all clips on bottom i thort id try one about middle, was smooth power all the way to redline.
it only once spluttered. is it strange that it runs best on second to top clip? isnt that leaner? im worred its running too hot, but the strange thing is it doesnt backfire and the exhuast doesnt glow.

im going to do plug chops tommorow as i only just got a new plug just then.

you should have the clip second from bottom notch or maybe even bottom..
does the engine still run when you screw the mixture all the way in?

little trick is to hold the idle up a little (try keep it still) and wind the mixture screw till the rev sounds clean, in some cases you may need to clean the plug first or take the bike for a good thrash...

also free revving your engine to test the tune isnt going to give you results, you need the engine under load and if its still not playing the game replace the spark plug..
wire brush is the best to clean plugs

for a gpx 125 should be 96 main jet and about 32/34 pilot, sounds like you got the needle under control..

Last edited:
you should have the clip second from bottom notch or maybe even bottom..
does the engine still run when you screw the mixture all the way in?

little trick is to hold the idle up a little (try keep it still) and wind the mixture screw till the rev sounds clean, in some cases you may need to clean the plug first or take the bike for a good thrash...

also free revving your engine to test the tune isnt going to give you results, you need the engine under load and if its still not playing the game replace the spark plug..
wire brush is the best to clean plugs

for a gpx 125 should be 96 main jet and about 32/34 pilot, sounds like you got the needle under control..

Bike will almost or will stall if I wind the screw in or all the way out, il try the second to bottom clip again and see what happens, when I set the mixture screw I had it warm and on idle and I set it when the idle was highest and sounded, cleanest but il try it the way you said, plus I have been test riding it, I know you, can't tune it without it being under load.

Ok i just dropped the clip down to second from bottom, warmed up, put new plug in did a few chops it was spluttering a fair bit, looked at the plug, the only thing i could notice was that the porcelin was a tad black,
so does this mean im running a too big main? as it only runs well once the needle clip is on second to top?

With the mixture screw i did what u said and whan for a thrash, held throttle steady and played around with the screw, i found it hard to tell what sounded cleaner but it sounded best at 1 1/4- 1 1/2 turns out.

think i might buy a 102 main as i lost the one i had :(

Might have to but, it's still strange. I havent really herd of many people running the eclip there.
I had a better look at the plug this morning and it's seems it looks more gray than black, plus there's no soot around the base. I really want to learn how to tune myself, so any more help or info would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
i ended up putting it in the middle and clean revs through gears but its now running lean, so only thing i can think of is up the pilot size,as it will run crap any lower on the needle.

^^^^ so the bikes running lean? Shouldn't you be moving the needle upward to richen it all round? Your case may be different but it definitely sorted mine :D

can we keep all this in one thread please...

what grade fuel are you using too

Sorry about that. Just thought if anyone else has same problem it would be easyer for them to find it.

And I'm using shell v power 98 it's only 2 weeks old

hi i have a oko 26mm flat side on my gpx 125 and im after settings for tunning if anyone can help me

G'day,
What settings did you end up with and how has it effected the feel of the bike going to the OKO on the 125? I have a Motovert Pro with a Daytona 125 and was considering switching to the OKO.
Cheers.

Quoted by Sean : gpx 125 should be 96 main jet and about 32/34 pilot

Ive got an atomik mid size with the OKO 26mm on the YX160..

Noticed it bogs down if you open the throttle fast... roll it on and it seems OK...

Checked the jets and they are the standard 36/100, with the mixture screw one full turn out... and I moved the needle clip up one from the middle after reading this post...

Any suggestions on what I should do from here to rectify it?

Is there anyone with the same motor and carb thats working well, and knows what settings its set at?
IE: jet sizes, needle height, mixture screw?

Or maybe any other issue that may be causing this?

Ive got an atomik mid size with the OKO 26mm on the YX160..

Noticed it bogs down if you open the throttle fast... roll it on and it seems OK...

Checked the jets and they are the standard 36/100, with the mixture screw one full turn out... and I moved the needle clip up one from the middle after reading this post...

Any suggestions on what I should do from here to rectify it?

Is there anyone with the same motor and carb thats working well, and knows what settings its set at?
IE: jet sizes, needle height, mixture screw?

Or maybe any other issue that may be causing this?

Im running a z160ho 36/102 jets and mixture 1-1/4 out needle middle clip but every motor is diffrent

Last edited:
OK, cheers fellas... I'll move that needle clip down, and have another look. If its still not right, I will get me some jets... would a normal bike shop have them? Or should I just order from DHZ?

Had an issue on the weekend with my OKO carb I thought id comment on for anyone else...

Was riding wet and muddy conditions, bike was running rough as guts after a few laps..

At home I pulled the carb down to see what the problem was..

There was some mud/dirt down the throttle slide, and a heap of mud down where the cable goes into the tip of the carb (see image)... Also, dirty water in the carb bowl... :(

Gonna seal this up somehow so it doesn't happen again!!!

OKO1.jpg

yep people use silicon to seal the cable to the swivel neck and also around the swivel neck to carb top..

thx for the tips all ,, well read and absorbed.. got something to do now.. carby tune. .

Latest posts

Back