Fork Seals

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LUKE123

Reaction score
Hi everyone i just have a quick question regarding fork seals. i have to replase my dnm fork seals as they are leaking and dhz dont seem to sell them they only sell them for the gpx forks does anybody know if they will fit or where i would be able to get dnm seals from.
thanks luke

If I was you I would try cleaning them out. They are a real bugger for leaking when they get dirt in them and I will almost bet thats all thats wrong with them

Its not worth taking them out cleaning them only to find they still leak.
Take the seals to a bearing/oil seal place, they should have them in stock.
CBC bearings ect...

Dont have to take them out to clean them. You can use the smallest feeler guarge you have or I got this little gadget from my local bike shop. Seal mate its called. A fine bit of plastic strip thats hooked to drag the dirt out the seal.Cost 5 bucks.
Most of the time its only dirt in them that causes them to leak.

either try the way above or go to a $2 shop, and buy some old camera film
you know the stuff, comes in a canister, the type with the square boxes on the side for the winder
cut a strip about 100mm long and slide the box side down under the lip of the seal move it around the tube a little andpull it out. wipe the film with a rag to get any dirt off and do it again working your way around the tube, cleaning the dirt out of the boxes as you go. then take it out
then push the forks down and let them come back up, and wipe any oil off the tube, repeat this a few times and the oil should stop coming out after 3 or 4 times
all fixed

Latest posts

Back