Forum lurkers ( 2 Members - 34 Guests)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol, Full on your input was great.. Keep up the good work

granted mick you are right i am also a culprut
i dont always sign on either
But mick you did sign on and you did have an input
some people just breeze through using this sites knowledge
and not contributing
i think this is the point the kennaz was trying to get to

maybe he worded it wrong???

I've been to forums where you have to sign up to view the threads. I feel that this is a bit pushy and against what forums are all about - free public speech !!! Let the guests check things out, if they want to say something they will join up, otherwise they won't. Not everyone is happy to voice an opinion - some just like to be an onlooker

Full on, im actually literally laughing in real life rofl.. no worries mate

your right meko that a drag haveing to sign on just to see the site
but it's not the fence sitters that make this site so good!!!

whilst your right about guests not contributing anything good to the forums Kennaz they also at the same time dont contribute anything bad. unfortunatly select members such as yourself bring a bad vibe to the forums with the abuse and swearing, detering would-be members from joining up or staying to continue to contribute. maybe more of the guests would sign up if it werent for members such as yourself presenting a negative feel to the forums?? just a thought here but maybe you should take things a little more lightly and not get so aggressive just because someone made a remark about a thread you started. have a plesent day. :)

Cheers, Tony.

I think kennaz's first post if you read it again, is perfectly fine. He mentioned its 'just a thought' and it doesn't really bother him that much.
I'm sure it doesn't really bother any of us that much, but half the forums around the world block guests from certain stuff, so he's not the only one who thinks its a smart way to operate. Bigger member lists are your no. one goal as a forum administrator or owner. You will also find that forums that do block you, tend to have a much greater wealth of good info because among those guests could be some guys doing some really trick stuff with motors etc. who just are too lazy to sign up or consider themselves 'above the forum'. Some just don't want to share their secrets. Once they are forced to sign up to get at some info they want, they may just start to post cause they know they can now. They all get enticed eventually if a thread gets the better of them. Some people just need a shov...

IMO you will find that free for all forums will be full of forum junky members, but membership requiring forums will have a lot more knowledgable members.
The best system IMO is to let you get at all the Threads but block the piccys. You gotta remember the guests are sucking bandwidth for nuttin!

Last edited:
IMO you will find that free for all forums will be full of forum junky members but membership requiring forums will have a lot more knowledgable members.
The best system IMO is to let you get at all the Threads but block the piccys. You gotta remember the guests are sucking bandwidth for nuttin!

Agreed.. not really up to speed on the whole different forum setup thing so its kinda up to Rob to really look into..

but agree keeping the pics as
img.nothing
would be a good idea!

Yeah but hosting members pics is real sweet...all costs money though huh! Hence need more advertisers, need more members....

...for those that remember...the whole reason this site came about was because the posts in the dirt bike section of PBR went through the roof and was set to dominate the site! This can only happen through logged in members...

Last edited:
mack is on the money with what he say's
the only reason i am part of this forum is because i stumbled across the site as a guest looking for info and i liked what i sore (or red) so i joined
it's the only aussie minibike forum that i know of but i'm happy to be a part of it i have spoken to and met some good people
unfortunantly it doesn't matter where you go you will always get that select few that cant get there head out of there rear end long anough to keep this forum mum and kiddy friendly (12yo's shouldn't know what a *#nt is either)
i've seen it written
i also noticed the moderators do a good job at keeping some of these people out. well compared to other sites.
i'm off track now........

i also agree keeping the pics as
img.nothing
might be a good idea!
it would give the guest a small but not to pushey incentivce to sign up
i ask, is there more we can do to give all the guests we see even more reason to sign up???

Latest posts

Back