FranKY Warned For riding on Private Property

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franky

Reaction score
Hey guys, Today i was riding my mates motorbike (110cc atomik) Down at the vegitable garden down the road, Its a big flat property. Im riding around and a cop on a push bike comes in and tells me im in deep shit for not wearing a helmet and for not have registration, I new i was in the wrong for not having a helmet but upon explaing to the officer that im on private property with permision to be here he tells me that, Even though its private property you still need 3rd party registration, because if i hit a little kid im in serious shit, i kept trying to say to him that this is private property what the hell are you talking about, but he was a real nasty peice of work and was absolutely up himself, looked like the uniform had givin him a supersize ego :(, I was telling him that other police come down just to watch me ride and talk if i needed registration why didnt they mention it? He said i dont care about them yada yada yada.. Anyway, Would someone care to share to me if i was in the right or the wrong? because i really want to go back down there and ride, Cheers.

tell him to go F himself and spin the wheels in his face flicking up all the mud, i know i would never stop for the cops. also as long as your on private property they can't do jack shit about you not wearing a helmet, and you don't need rego.

I think I know where you were riding Franky!! near eltham sec? behind the lesuire center!??
You can get in trouble for riding on private property if neighbours complain..
You Really should of been wearing a helmet..
do a bit of a search on the rules regarding riding on private property.. print them out if need be.. better still go to A cop shop shop, and explain what you "want to do", ie ride on private property.. do u need rego? questions cant get you in trouble!! :D did u happen to be clever and ask him for his badge number and appointed station? keep in mind if they DO ask you questions.. rather than being a smart @rse the best answer to give can be "No Comment" ;):D

He cant do anything if your on private property mate, aslong as you have the permission from the owner to be there or you own the land you shouldnt have anything to worry about. Tell him hes trespassing :D

I think in vic they can bust you for the noise but even that would need a warning first.... anyone ?

did he end up fineing you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh thats the one!, I have been riding there for years! and theres heaps of different bikes down there at one stage, but he has a go at me, i tried to ask him questions but he just said "your being a smartass" i wasnt even being a smartass..

i would of said no comment and continued riding.. old farmer joe wasnt impressed a few years ago when an ex friend of mine went in there in a SWB FJ40 and tore doughnuts through his cabbages lmao..

That your mate? he wrecked it for alot of people down there lol.

Hey guys, Today i was riding my mates motorbike (110cc atomik) Down at the vegitable garden down the road, Its a big flat property. Im riding around and a cop on a push bike comes in and tells me im in deep shit for not wearing a helmet and for not have registration, I new i was in the wrong for not having a helmet but upon explaing to the officer that im on private property with permision to be here he tells me that, Even though its private property you still need 3rd party registration, because if i hit a little kid im in serious shit, i kept trying to say to him that this is private property what the hell are you talking about, but he was a real nasty peice of work and was absolutely up himself, looked like the uniform had givin him a supersize ego :(, I was telling him that other police come down just to watch me ride and talk if i needed registration why didnt they mention it? He said i dont care about them yada yada yada.. Anyway, Would someone care to share to me if i was in the right or the wrong? because i really want to go back down there and ride, Cheers.

THATS BULLSHIT IF YOU'RE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT!!!!

I was riding on some guys property and I had permission to ride on it and the cops saw me and didnt care!

The cop was on a pushy??? You should have just gunned off he wouldnt catch you ahahahah. Go back down there and ride, he cant stop you, if he does then get a lawer. :mad:

Tell him hes trespassing :D

Ahahahaha yeah! I would have just rode away from him for sure except then maybe he would look out for you next time and fine you even more.

Hmm well he only warned you, maybe the guy who owns the land doesnt want bikes there anymore and reported you? :confused:

Hmmm

I was under the impression i was in the right, And unlike some i cannot offord legal fee's for the od tosser cop.

so that cop thinks you not aloud to ride on private land where else you gonna ride if your not aloud on the roads and u cant afford to go to a track everyday??

Last edited:
yeh but i just paid a 316 dollar fine cbf being franky no more

the cops can't do shit all if you're on PP, unless the neighbours complain. Tell him to sod off and book someone who is breaking the law. Cause if you WERE breaking the law he would have booked you there and then. In QLD we can get a rego that will make it legal to ride anywhere that isn't a road. Parks, land and anywhere we want, and as long as the cop thinks you have permission from the land owner they can't touch you. Its a great loophole in our system. Its called conditional rego and you can get it for any dirtbike. Its awesome. Look into it in your state!

yeah it's all good being on private property, but if the land Zone is'nt classed a rural, & the neighbours complain you can then get into trouble from the man... thats the biggest problem us riders face, dam goodie goodie losers dobin us in....

hay franky.

unlucky mate but i do believe that your somewhat in the right with a few aspects. with regards to riding without a helmet, he can only advise this as it is private property, due to the fact that this land doesnt have rules and regulations that are governed by the legal system because of the fact that its private property the cop to the best of my knowledge doesnt have a leg to stand on. with regards to the neighbours i dont see how them complaining could be a problem, at night with a noise complaint yes there could be a problem there but in broad daylight, once again due to the fact that its private property you can do pretty much anything you like there provided its you know ,not cutting and growing mara, making drugs etc... hahaha.

few things i suggest you do, get concent from the owner of the land to ride there (if you havnt allready) and the next time a coppa comes onto the block ask him for a copy of his warrant stating that he is allowed to come onto the land? if he doesnt have one you can ask him to leave and if that doesnt work i suppose you could call the cops to come remove him hahahaha, that would be a bloody funny sight.

Cheers, Tony.

Hey Franky, sorry to hear about it mate, I had a visit from this guy from the local council a few weeks ago saying there had been complaints about the noise from neighbors. He told me we couldn't ride after 8pm. We have 3 bikes here and had been riding till nearly 9 each night in the front and back yard.

I was given a copy of the council regulations saying that if we did ride past that time or if the bikes were too noisy for too long we could be up for over $500 on the spot fine or max of $12800 - he suggested riding for no more than 1.5hrs a day

Latest posts

Back