Fuel outlet too short

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beechy13

Reaction score
Hi gurus,
Just picked myself up a mint Xmotos 250 for a bargain.

While going over the bike to prepare for a ride this weekend, i pulled off the fuel tank to check the hoses etc. While putting it back together, i noticed that the actual outlet at the bottom of the tank (that feeds to the fuel tap) is very short, and the hose and clamp don't have enough outlet to grab hold of.

Basically i slide the hose over the nipple, slide the hose clamp up as far as possible, then tighten the clamp. But when i tighten it it puts pressure lower down the hose where there is no nipple to grab. This causes the hose to pop off the nipple quite easily.

Already lost a few litres of fuel on the garage floor when i wasn't paying attention, so don't want this to happen while 100k's away from home on a trail.

Has anyone had a similar problem, or modified their tank outlet to a better system?

Urgent answers appreciated, as i only have 2 afternoons to plan something and fix before riding this weekend.

Thanks heaps in advance.

Sounds like it's designed to have a wire hose clamp rather than a metal band type hose clamp. In a pinch you could use some tie wire like you'd use to wire on hand grips to keep it on. On one of my bikes i have just had a tiny cable tie holding my fuel line to the tank and carb for years, that way i can just snip the tank one when i want to empty out fuel after a ride, and just put a new one on when I'm done

Latest posts

Back