Glowing exhaust. .

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roysso

Reaction score
Hey guys I have just brought my self a yx 140cc I'm not running an oil cooler I bought a brand new oko 26mm flat side carby when I first started the bike it was making a few poping noises and running a bit rough after runing for about 5min and a couple of revs it was shooting little blue flames out the exhaust and when I looked down at the exhaust where it comes out the head about 200mm long the exhaust was glowing Orange from heat can anyone give me any idea's on what might be causing this and how I can fix it thanks...

or a big vacuum leak ?
loose bolts holding the rubber manifold to the alloy intake manifold ?
leaking gasket between manifold and head ?
warped face of the rubber manifold ?

idle mixture screw turned out too far ?

Exhaust bolts loose on the head.
copper ring missing.
Valve adjustement

+1 it's the easiest thing to check and was the problem I had awhile ago so from experience a loose exhaust will cause lean symptoms as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

all of the above check bolts on header pipe make sure not too loose or copper gasket not burned out or warped , id do that before rejetting and when doing header bolts alternate between the two to get them tight!:)hope it helps bud

I had backfire and bangs as well when flame pipe was loosely set to the head. Remember to replace copper ring every time you separate flame pipe from your head.

Latest posts

Back