Going to try the new Hummer G4

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rodbox, I picked up some 16mm tube plugs and strange as it seems they don't fit nice and tight.....they are loose...its seems you may have thinner/smaller tubing :confused: anyone else have this problem???

Hi Arch,
Funnily enough mine were as tight as a duck's arse and I had to trim off some of the plastic ridges to get the plugs in the tube.

Either my tubes are smaller - or it's a difference in spec between plastic plug manufacturers.

If you like, I can buy some from my supplier and send them over.

Hey guys i forgot to tell you i got a reply from Atomik regarding my deflated front forks, they said just remove the items and send them down to them in Melbourne and they will replace them and i have to say that i am happy with that i was starting to get myself ready for a fight.
Also when i removed the forks something was loose in there i.e when i tipped them upside down i could hear something moving in there, i think the spring has come free that is all but if they are willing to replace them i think i will let them.
So all in all i am quite happy with Atomik

@ Weegee
The springs in those forks are in 2 peices with a plastic gromet and are slightly compressed they dont have room to move around
If your oil is gone then maybe the inner rod is moving

Yeah maybe i kind of thought that first of all that my oil was gone but i checked that and there was no leaks at all, both drain plugs were tight and neither fork had any evidence of even weeping of oil it was strange.The forks still had dampening but had lost at least 1/2 of their travel i would like to see a line drawing of atleast a exploded parts view to get an idea of how they work but i know thats a pipe dream with these hummers, lol

Yeah maybe i kind of thought that first of all that my oil was gone but i checked that and there was no leaks at all, both drain plugs were tight and neither fork had any evidence of even weeping of oil it was strange.The forks still had dampening but had lost at least 1/2 of their travel i would like to see a line drawing of atleast a exploded parts view to get an idea of how they work but i know thats a pipe dream with these hummers, lol

I'm thinking of publishing a full colour manual called "Surviving the Hummer" - and using my bike and an OHC model for the photos.

I might as well offer it on e-bay as a download when finished - do you think it would be a seller boys?

Archie 19mm

Hey Archie i bought the 16mm plugs and had to go back and buy 19mm plugs. Wack in with the hammer and all is good. Will have to remove things under the bike to get the lower ones in though. Hope that helps.

I have put a bid on the new Hummer the other day as a laugh. I sniped it at 813.50 and it sold for 815.00. Pissed my self and thought what to do with so many bikes. The wife cracked it and i still laughed. Sent a e-mail to Dreamrider with no reply. I think they have blocked me. Does anybody want to go Dreamrider as aclass action to see if we gat anywhere. Doc have you got your parts yet.

Hey Archie i bought the 16mm plugs and had to go back and buy 19mm plugs. Wack in with the hammer and all is good. Will have to remove things under the bike to get the lower ones in though. Hope that helps.

I actually measured the inside of the square tube frame on my bike (with a set of digital verniers) - and it was just a tad over 15mm.

I got 16mm plugs and had a real time getting them in.

Crap!! it sound like you & Archie have a bigger section frame than me - have either of you or Actually measured it?

What can be done with the exhaust on these bikes,can't beleive how quiet mine is.

I'm thinking of publishing a full colour manual called "Surviving the Hummer" - and using my bike and an OHC model for the photos.

I might as well offer it on e-bay as a download when finished - do you think it would be a seller boys?

Mate i would buy it ... and i have not even bought a hummer yet ! , but based on the info in this thread it's only a matter of time !

What can be done with the exhaust on these bikes,can't beleive how quiet mine is.

Quit while you're ahead Wildie! - most of us are trying not to piss off the local Ranger with the noise levels lol.

If you want to get real speckie though - have a look at the carbon fibre mufflers on offer from Bataycan. They also have a range of alloy and stainless mufflers in a variety of colours.

eBay Store - Zongshen performance: Performance parts, Appearance and beauty, Hausmotors

Last edited:
Hmmmm,don't mind the look of that at all.:D

Have just requested a freight cost to get it here,could be a bit costly I reckon.

Last edited:
Hmmmm,don't mind the look of that at all.:D

Have just requested a freight cost to get it here,could be a bit costly I reckon.

I think Archie has one on order - and I don't think the overall price was too bad.

We'll have to ask him how it works out.

Hi Arch,
Funnily enough mine were as tight as a duck's arse and I had to trim off some of the plastic ridges to get the plugs in the tube.

Either my tubes are smaller - or it's a difference in spec between plastic plug manufacturers.

If you like, I can buy some from my supplier and send them over.

That would be greatly appreciated Rodbox, please let me know if you have a Paypal account so as I can deposit the monies, or make out a money order and send that back to you when I get the goods. I will email you my addy and will take it from there.

cheers:)

It's only a couple of bucks Archie - send a postal address to my e-mail and I'll be happy to send them over.

Thanks for the info Allied....will try that and save the time and effort on Robox5's behalf.....much appreciated. :)

It's only a couple of bucks Archie - send a postal address to my e-mail and I'll be happy to send them over.

I'll go with Allied's 19mm job Rod and see how that works out....seems like infact there is a diff in tubes.....let you know how it all went, thanks once again.

I'll go with Allied's 19mm job Rod and see how that works out....seems like infact there is a diff in tubes.....let you know how it all went, thanks once again.

No worries Archie - let me know if there's still a problem and we'll try again.

I must say it seems a long shot they would use different guage square tube on production models of the same bike - and this has me intrigued.

Could you do me a favour and measure the width of your tube from internal side to side?

Mine was just a tad over 15mm.

Thanks Arch.

Latest posts

Back