Got my frame back from the powder coater's

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motoXXX

Reaction score
here's some pics of my frame that i just picked up from the powder coater, got the upper forks and strengthened frame done and man it looks sweet worth every cent,cost $99 for the both...

next week ill get my swingarm done silver and my hubs done a candy red colour to go with new heavy duty black rims...

its around the same price to get it painted and no way any painter can get a finish like powder coat its so thick and smooth as a babys bottom (no i dont no what a babys bottom feels like its just a saying lol)...i dont thicnk this could ever chip unlike paint...

pics:

100_0508.jpg

100_0506.jpg

100_0507.jpg

nah, my local powder coater does it for $75 a piece Ie Frame $75, swing arm $75

Last edited:
That would look good crazy but it might cost the same as buying a new frame that is already red.

looks neat who done ur frame if they didnt sandblast and prime ur frame it might chip wen i 1st got my frame done i ttok it 2 a dodgy bastard down hereon the coast and all he done was powdercoat it soon as i started ot do the bolts up it started to chip every wer. looks nice any way

yeh ull find out oson as u put in on u will hav to scrap all the stuff of wer the brake lever goes. nto tell u the truth it dont look like he snadblasted beccause u shpuldnnt b able to see and gold at all on the forks it would b like a bare metal coulour

^^Thats it but just dont let the sparks from the angle grinder put burn marks in that shiney black finish and all should be good.

yea, powder coat has come a long way over the years. Now days you can get custom finishes, even candy and pearl. If its been done properly it will last forever ( almost )

The only other way to do it is 2pac paint. But that would be more expensive and less durable.

would 2pac Clear work over normal paint on a frame? and how much you reckon that would cost? i should really ask my dad hes a painter..... sleeping at 8:am pfft wat a girl

Shit thats not good :eek: If they are not interested in your complaint then do all you can to f*** them up legaly coz if its dodgy workmanship and the job was not done properly then they deserve to be penalised and also named and shamed.

As we have seen there are members here that know the right way it should be done so they can help to give u some info on what exactly hasnt been done correctly. Then when u ring them they will be surprised that u know so much about powder coating and why they did a shit job and u can tell them exactly how it is.

Good luck

Sand blasters are only $30 from supercheap auto man. so you could of done it yourself...some guys are just dodgey as mate. Hunt them down.

Thats so crap mate, They should of told You from the start the price of sand blasting wouldn't be included in the quoted price instead of just letting you assume It was being done.

Well atleast you know for next time to stay clear of that place.

Not yet I've got rear prowheel and spokes laced up and ready to on just need to get a rim lock and figure out what tyre I wanna run. My new shock should be hear next week. Other then that I really just wanna ride for the time being.

I'm heading out to broady tomorrow or sunday.

What are you planning on doing next?

Latest posts

Back