GPX 150 Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HolyWars

Reaction score
I have got a GPX 150 and I want to get some serious horsepower out of it.
I have heard some people getting 22hp out of their GPX-YX Motors.
I just want to know if there is anyone out there that can help me on how to get this out of my motor and what I have to do to it.
I have been thinking about the TB170 V2 kit?

Much help would be appreciated:D

It already has a lightened oil slinger and inner rotor kit:eek:

people in here suck they cant even tell me anything about this motor but still there r pepole tossing about lifan vs yx yuzzzzzzz suck

people in here suck they cant even tell me anything about this motor but still there r pepole tossing about lifan vs yx yuzzzzzzz suck

THEN PISS OFF! If you are too lazy to do a search or too impatiant to wait for an answer then dont abuse other members for not replying quick enough for you.

FFS

THEN PISS OFF! If you are too lazy to do a search or too impatiant to wait for an answer then dont abuse other members for not replying quick enough for you.

FFS

Praise the lord'ah!

You can get an Outer Rotor Kit. It prolly wont give it more HP. but it should have a bit more poke.

I have got a GPX 150 and I want to get some serious horsepower out of it.
I have heard some people getting 22hp out of their GPX-YX Motors.
I just want to know if there is anyone out there that can help me on how to get this out of my motor and what I have to do to it.
I have been thinking about the TB170 V2 kit?

Much help would be appreciated:D

It already has a lightened oil slinger and inner rotor kit:eek:

I have a V2 head kit for sale. 60mm piston. Its all brand new in the box. I bought 2 of em but it looks like I won't be needing one of em. Pm me if you're interested.

well...with that attitude you won't get info out of nowwhere:p

Do you got a brand new engine??? NEVER stick a BB kit or race head on a brand new engine!!
You can put a TB V2 or an Take +Rhead on it if you want to stay 150cc...then with 28 carb you got around 19-20HP...and thats aalot on a pitty!!;)

it all depends how much u want to spend mate....

Im not sure u realise how much it costs to keep even a 18-19hp motor running sweet and to setup...

Like mountain said.... be patient and u might be lucky enough for someone to reply.... but u really should have searched. PM.com is a good place to start too.

and da bomb... i wouldnt bet on 22hp being all lies... a lightly ported 177+r/v2 makes not farr off that....

I would probably budget 1500 bucks atleast and thats if you do EVERYTHING yourself.... without the motor....

By the time u get everything done and in spec, put it together and tune it, expect to spend alot on jets too... its not easy nor cheap in aus as not many places here actually know a fucking thing about them. ofcourse u could always buy the 18hp shitmax motors off ebay lol.

pretty much have a big think about spending all that money, and if u ride it like a douche (highly likely) expect to blow the tranny and clutchs :)

sorry guys 4 tha attitude and the help that u have given me is mutch appreciated. az 4 i thump and da bomb go suck my balls ya terds i took me 2 say somthing mean 4 u 2 reply, up yours

well...with that attitude you won't get info out of nowwhere:p

Do you got a brand new engine??? NEVER stick a BB kit or race head on a brand new engine!!
You can put a TB V2 or an Take +Rhead on it if you want to stay 150cc...then with 28 carb you got around 19-20HP...and thats aalot on a pitty!!;)

You're more accurate than you probably realize ... "green" or "unseasoned" engine syndrome can strike ...:p The link below talks about blocks which are the equivalent of the cylinder and cases of a motorcycle engine ... but the same principals apply to ALL engine parts ... It's well known that modified used or "seasoned" motors hold together far better than modified new "green" motors ...

Choosing an Engine Block

[New vs. “Seasoned” Blocks

It used to be that no self-respecting performance enthusiast would consider using a new block. This wasn’t simply a matter of money. New blocks just didn’t make as much power as well seasoned used blocks. Engine blocks, like football quarterbacks, get better with age. In the case of a block casting countless cycles of heating up and cooling down help to “season” the metal. When a block is first cast and then machined on the assembly line, it develops internal stresses. The heating/cooling cycle allows these stresses to “relax,” until finally the block becomes dimensionally stable. In the opinion of many top ranked racers, an engine does not achieve maximum power output until it has been honed three or four times; it takes that long for the cylinder bores to settle down and hold the perfectly round shape that promotes a “tight” ring seal.]

And ...

Engine Durability Secrets

Last edited:
hence why u buy a new motor and heat cycle it a few times before raping it...

mines never missed a beat in the internals... while alot of people manage to break them as stock 150s....

i think im going 2 go with the gpx 150 with the tb 170 v2 roller rocker kit with 28tb carb and outer rotar kit any 1 in here with that sort of set up? and does any 1 think that would b a good set up?

sorry guys 4 tha attitude and the help that u have given me is mutch appreciated. az 4 i thump and da bomb go suck my balls ya terds i took me 2 say somthing mean 4 u 2 reply, up yours

I didnt help with your questions coz I dont have the answers u are looking for but when you abuse all our members for not replying then I have to step in and set u straight coz u obviously dont know any better. I do alot to make this site usefull to everyone so dont start this shit with me and just for your attidude u can go elsewhere coz we dont want u.

Have a week off coz im not in the mood for your bullshit so dont bother!

I didnt help with your questions coz I dont have the answers u are looking for but when you abuse all our members for not replying then I have to step in and set u straight coz u obviously dont know any better. I do alot to make this site usefull to everyone so dont start this shit with me and just for your attidude u can go elsewhere coz we dont want u.

Have a week off coz im not in the mood for your bullshit so dont bother!

Good call I_thump, this guy comes on like he owns the place.

Thank you my norwegian brother ;) He just picked the wrong night to mouth of coz im not in the mood and those comments are just uncalled for.

haha maybe next time he might be patient in waiting for a reply :)

Latest posts

Back