Gpx125 clutch

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k3pdmn

Reaction score
Hey

I recently bought a gpx 125 off ebay (dhz) to replace my lifan 125 and recived it yesterday ...when I put everything on the bike I noticed my clutch cable wasn't long enough, anyway I decided to start it any way. not to long later I pulled the clutch in with my hand. I then changed gears and the bike still jumped and staled the same as if the clutch wasn't pulled in...I thought I needed to adjust my clutch so I pulled the cover off and noticed that there wasn't a piece in the ball bearing with a spring in it like lifans do. so now im lost .......

any way that's my life story wondering if I could get any info. cheers

have you tried the adjustment near the lever?

and pics would help heaps

There should be a rod on the inside of the clutch cover that pushes on that bearing, looks normal by the pic

ar aright cheers...

but still dosent explain why, when i pull the thing that the clutch cabel attatches to with my hand the bike stalls..the bike shouldent jump if the clutch is engaged in gear...........................:(

Sometimes the clutches can be stuck, try putting it in top gear wheels on the ground pull the clutch in and push the bike see if it frees up

If your Lifan had the clutch on the crank, you need a different cable. Also, the mainshaft clutches require more effort to disengage than the average person has hand strength. You're just taking up the slack and twisting the small inner return spring in the cover. With the cover off, make sure you have the pusher piece seated in the cover. Sounds like all's swell.

you wont be able to pull a clutch arm in by hand to where it will actually work.. they have lots of free play before the clutch starts to move..

re assemble and purchase the correct cable.. happy days

I tried loace's technique and it didn't work... Sean when you said reassemble what did you mean?

I can literally pull the clutch arm with my pinkie effortlessly ..I ran the bike and tried pulling in the clutch while it was in gear and nothing it ran normally :( is this normal for a new motor ?

sorry if im being a pain but i bought this new motor to get rid of my problems and its just giving me a head ache...

Have you tried engaging the clutch with a pair of multi grips , it will move easy by hand then when u feel it stop it will turn further with multi grips If this don't work ring ken

well, you showed a pic of the clutch cover off... put it back together and put the correct clutch cable on it..

and again it sounds like your pulling in the free play within the clutch arm, not actually engaging the clutch..

get a shifter or pliers and yank on the clutch arm some more, i bet it goes further than you think.. if it doesnt then you might have assembled it wrong...
The_GDFP has explained the way it goes together.

also confirm that you have the correct cable now?

wow thanks a million i just tryed and it works!!!!!:D

the reson i thought it dident work is cause it has a massive amout of play before it engages lol and sean nah i dont have the correct cabel ill ither get it today or tomorrow. cheers again guys really appreciate it, lets hope its qicker than my lifan :)

wow thanks a million i just tryed and it works!!!!!:D

the reson i thought it dident work is cause it has a massive amout of play before it engages lol and sean nah i dont have the correct cabel ill ither get it today or tomorrow. cheers again guys really appreciate it, lets hope its qicker than my lifan :)

quicker then your lifan?

lmfao

dude the gpx 125 will kill a lifan 140 and probably a 150.

any way good luck with your new engine im running the same engine and my god it's powerful
also you need to run a good carbie like a oko 26mm flat slide carb
if you run some other cheap china one you'll find your engine will run like ****
also don't be scared when your engine smokes blue when you first start it most engines do this and goes away after 10 mins and wont come back
just one more thing to remember after the first say 4 or 3 hours of use change the oil!
also clean or buy a new oil filter
just think your lifan 125 might be reliable but a engine that's pumping 13,000 rpm and under intense power things will go wrong so don't be surprised if your engine later down the track needs new parts.

have fun!

hahahah realy i hope so :D yeh i had the same prob with the oil smoke and now its gone

iv already changed the oil, a bit early but yeh :) i still havent taken it for a ride but iv noticiced it got mad ass compression is the power high up?

and last question wheres the oil filter located?

Latest posts

Back