Gpx160 motor/clutch help... Engine oil gone.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, well you dont know until try and error i guess hey hahaha, yeah haha, thanks mate

do you think the racing fuel works ? like the methanol etc... ?

lol yea the only way u learn is tru ur mistakes...

mate make life easy fuel straight out of a bowser at ur local peddy station will do the job just fine, worked for me for years now

haha yeah, oh narh im not going to use it im just curious, cause few guys i know run it but they had to change jets etc... i just curious to see if you think it works, or they just wasting time and money buying it

wen u say racing fuel, you wouldnt happn to know wat octane it is would ya???

from memory i think its like 100 or 102 or sumthin like that

and theres ones with lead others are without, they could be using the stuff i fill the planes up with called AVGAS

Last edited:
um well theres racing fuel these days with 101,104,106 and the methanol fuel is heaps higher then all them, its like a clear fuel and smells like metho, btu yeah people who use it think it works great and all that , but yeah... not sure hey

well i cant really say then, but i think it would be a waste of time and money... like the higher the octane doesnt mean ur engine will go harder (it will to a point) it just means that the fuel will burn at a particular temp....

e.g i use normal 95 unleaded fuel from the bowser... now if i was to bring sum AVGAS (100Low Lead) it would not make the bike perform a great deal more...

awk, yeah i just curious hey, yeah cheers mate

race fuel does absolutely nothing in a standard engine... anyone that thinks it does is a fool lol..

only time its needed is if you raise the compression to a state where the engine wants to ping all the time..
and like i said, i run 12.1:1 and use 98 pump with no drama's.. standard 160's and alike run about 9.5:1

and avgas isnt the same as race fuel, it might share a similar octane rating but just remember planes are designed to run at high altitudes, so running conditions are totally different

and avgas isnt the same as race fuel, it might share a similar octane rating but just remember planes are designed to run at high altitudes, so running conditions are totally different

yea i know that was an example... i dnt know why people think that a higher octane rating = more power between the legs

clutch basket is gone. thow a new one in before you keep riding or your whole motor will die with it...

i think i found my problem , the shit octane stuff i think has gone into the oil, and yeah cause it was in the lxr , and when i took oil out of my bike cause gotta take it and gotta lay it down haha, there was a little bit in the funnel, so im guessing thats my problem... not using that shit ever again!!!

JUST FINISHED PUTTING NEW CLUTCH COVER GASKET ON LXR, HERES SOME PICS, AND ALL THE CRAP THAT BUILD UP IN THE FILTER ETC...
DSCF0189.jpg

DSCF0188.jpg

DSCF0190.jpg

DSCF0191.jpg

i just cleaned it out and all that, i think it was from the shit octane booster, cause first time used it and never had that before in my oil. so im guessing the octane and petrol made that effect in the oil....

yer i wouldnt bother with that stuff if you want more power just do engine mods

I think its just a regular problem of the break in process for these engines .

Hear about it heeps after the first 1-2 oil changes then its usually all sweet.

There like little rubbery balls.

Latest posts

Back