he guys can any one help me with my 140 lifan motor please

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
why is my crby blowing fuel into the airfilter and not to the spark plug ?

Last edited:
check ya valve clearances... if the inlet valve is held open the compression will be forced back out the inlet

have you messed with the motor at all prior to this problem? ****ed with the timing or anything?
pull the head off and check the seal on the inlet valve

yes i have had the head off but jus to check the rings and the bore i havent played with any ilet seals do u think its worek looking at and what should i look for with the seal the timming is correct and so is the vavle clearences inlet and eghust

i have fuel spraying from my carby when i kick it over and my spark plug is dry as had no fuel on itis it more likely the inlet valve

well if it was a fooked valve u'd still be getting fuel in the chamber...
check ur timing, just take off the cam cover and stator cover n make sure they at 9 / 12 oclock and make sure the piston is at TDC with a screwdriver down the sparkplug hole

It definitely sounds like the inlet valve isn't seating and the compression is blowing the fuel/air charge back out thru the carb ... That's why the plug is dry ... An engine is an air pump and is only meant to flow air one way ... it can only work that way IF both valves are seating , the cam is timed right with the crank , and the ignition is timed right ...

if you reset your cam timing make sure you check through the spark hole to make sure the piston is at TDC ......... on my yx160 i just did the other day they both line up at 9oclock. yours might be different though so double check.

edit:
just noticed its a lifan, derp nevermind. set your cam timing, then your valves and try again is my vote.

Last edited:
You had it right the first time Sean ... :cool:

I'd say he (or someone else) has pulled the head off then put it back together with the cam timing out of whack , tried to start it and bent a valve ...

Maybe he just bought the bike at a "bargain" price and found it had a problem ? ... Now he's hoping somebody on a forum can wave a magic wand and make the problem go away ... :p

Strangely enough ... my sisters husband "Dave" is trying to contact me thru text messages ... He just bought a 150 cc bike (a GT 150 ?????) and has copped a problem he can't solve himself ... Mere coincidence ? ...

Latest posts

Back