helmet cams?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ATOMIKRIDER22

Reaction score
ok so theres many different helmet camerasout there like go pro,contour,tachyon.ect
what do you like and why what mount works for what.ect
and also good buys.
i bring this upbecause im looking at buying a drift inovations stelth on wait for it "EBAY"

if you dont like wind noise go the Go/Pro , the rest have bad mics for wind noise ...... tho the drift would be my second pic ... but go/pro is hard to beat , value and quality

I love my GoPro.. I've never tried any other helemt cams, but I've never had any trouble with my gopro does everything I need it to and goes anywhere I need it too.

Personally i'd go the drift, i reckon they fit neater on the helmet, but quality wise no difference between the go-pro and the drift as far as video quality goes. Not to sure on the battery life though, might be worth looking into.

I am also looking at getting a helmet cam type thing and was looking at the crocolis, of cause I would rather the gopro hero3 black edition but it is too much so I am looking a a temperary on until I find a job. The crocolis is about the same price as a hero 1 but I think that if I get a gopro at all then it should be a brand neew hero3 bl. So what do you guys think of this crocolis, there is currently one on ebay going cheap.
Techmoan - Techmoan - The Crocolis HD Extreme Cam - Longest review ever.
Wholesale Sports Action Camera Full HD From China

I have a gopro and more than happy with it.
The liquid image goggles are pretty good and i have heard they are releasing a helmet cam to rival the gopro

I use a contour roam, they are the base model of the contour range, im not much for knowing how to edit a vid, but there is many more programmes for editing for the gopro than the contour, the contour is used by the aussie and american troops in the mid east and can withstand shock from 6 metres from a blast(ive never been blown up to test though), basically they are very shock resistent and are also water resistent to 1 metre without the waterproof casing, if muddy or dirty they can be cleaned under a tap, i can film 1080 and the camera can be mounted left or right cause the lens can be turned 180deg, there is mounting rails either side. has a slide for on and off and a laser for height adjustment.

Previous to my prior statement (over a year ago now...) Go-Pro is the only way to go for image quality and durability. I recently picked up a set of Liquid Image goggles for my sister for $100 (groupon from memory), we are yet to try em out as when she went to put them on they don't fit properly in the face of he helmet, although we didn't stuff around that much with them so maybe a few tweaks should sort this problem out.

well if i get a gopro it will have to be the black edition so I can do 120fps at 720p, but that will have to wait till later when I actually have money. so really I'm only looking at spending round $150. I don't really want the goggles because I will be strapping the camera to all sorts of places including the inside of areoplanes.

Only prob with my contour roam is the fps rate, it is 30 fps and is behind the times, but when funds allow i will update.

Last edited:
Me and a few mates decided to start recording our trips around the dirt tracks
we all baught Bullet HD's being nice and cheap.....i can tell you that its cheap for a reason
it does the job, the audio is very muffled due to the waterproof case, but drilling a hole in the back fixes that (but obviously kills the waterproofing)
just throwing in my 2c,
would like to see what else is out there that may be a good replacement
the next cameras in mind will either be a Contour Roam2 or Gopro Hero3,
the youtube clips talk them up well, but i do think the gopro still stands out with vid quality and frames per second

The hero 3 black dominates every other camera I have looked at yet but come at a price, I have ordered the crocolis and it should be here sometime next week, will tell how it goes for ya.

If anyone can tell me where I can get a Hero 3 (black) from please tell me before I spend the money!
In Aus Peferably Qld.

Cheers...

Latest posts

Back