Help, Atomik Reign YX160 problem's !!!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You shouldn't get leak's from there, the only way it can is if the fuel bowl or the mounting face of the carby is warped.
Unless the bowl gasket is broken/split of course.

When you remove the fuel bowl, make sure you dry the gasket asap as they can expand and will cause leaking issue's

Well i made sure rubber sat right. And tightened up heaps. But it leaks. New carb i guess? What carb should i get for the yx160

2nd post on the thread says all that needs to be said oko 26mm with a 38 pilot jet and 102 main jet. Will transform the yx's power curve and make it much more enjoyable to ride. Never played with a molkt carb, but everything i have read about them has been bad, probably why i have never bothered trying one lol.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

The OKO kit will cost you around $120 for carby, adapter, throttle cable and basic foam filter inc delivery
OKO 26mm Flatslide Carburettor KIT | eBay

You can get an upgraded kit too, which come with the same ^, but also come's with a better throttle and a Uni Filter
NEW OKO 26mm Flatslide Carburetor Carby KIT 1 8 Throttle Unifilter | eBay

Otherwise you could just get the Mikuni 22/26 with a new filter, and get a bigger pilot jet for it, you will need a bigger pilot jet for it, a #20 to make them run and rev sweet.
DHZ has them for $5
With the Mikuni copy kit you won't need a new throttle cable, your's will work on it
Mikuni 26mm Race Carbie AF 11cc 125cc Dirt Bike ATV Atomik Buggy Lifan DHZ | eBay

tweak the float height if its leaking fuel. yes, sometimes you gotta do it five times, until you finally dislodge that bit of hair stuck in the needle valve. frustrating but true.

or just be thorough the first time ;)

my main suspicion is the valves for the easy start, then cough cough kusplut, and then starts again once its had a chance to cool slightly. valves stretch when they get hot. clearances get tighter. inadequate clearance when cold, followed by a longer valve= no closie the valve!

easy check on that is to just back the adjusters off by half a turn. let them click and tap! if it cures the issue, then you can adjust them correctly. theres always the chance of a badly seating valve, eccentric seats and all that, but pretty unusual.

thats always been my trick...make sure its too rich, make sure valve clearances are too large, and if things get better... start adjusting/tuning, one thing at a time, until perfect...

i cant comment much on aftermarket carbs, other than...mikuni has a reputation for being good, simply because they ARE! never touched oko or molkt, always been a stock, a mikuni, or a keihin for me... a wise man spends money...um...wisely. sometimes. dam you ebay!

Last edited:
Fuuuck. Just bought a 26 mikuni. Same problem. Think youre on the money dude. Valvessss. Gonna check and adjust tomorrow morning!

Did you get the 22/26mm china Mikuni?
You'll need a bigger pilot jet too, a #20

Did you tune it like i posted above ?

Bought it local. They buy from dhz. Said its a genuine 26mm mikuni. Doesnt seem to be a mixture screw to tune? But ill see how i go with it jetted as is and then grab the jets you recommend.

Running now! After valve adjust. .003 iv and .004 ev
But seems maybe a tad less power. May just be from going to a 26mm mikuni from the 30mm molkt. And pops on decel...?

The Atomik Reign 160's come with a 26mm Molkt carby standard

The Mikuni 22/26mm is made in china if it's the one i'm thinking, same as what i linked above, they have standard of Japan cast in the side
You need a #20 Pilot jet

The mixture screw is underneath at the front of the carby
You need to make a tool to adjust it, you need a small flat headed screwdriver bit and a short length of pvc hose, heat the end of the hose up with a lighter or whatever and slide the bit in

Last edited:
My bad. Youre right, stock is 26mm molkt. So power should be similar. Just this one seems to lack bottom end, kinda bogs down for a split second down low. Maybe thats why you recommend a bigger pilot/slow jet? Hopefully it runs even better then. Just ordered the #20 chees.

As for the popping. Might recheck valves just to be sure. There was absolutely zero valve clearance before i adjusted. No wonder the bike wouldnt run.

Yeah tight valve/rocker clearance's don't help the way it run's,
but you mentioned earlier in this thread that the valve's were noisy, so that mean's they have good clearance's or maybe a little too much?

When you notice the valve/rocker noise getting quieter recheck them and adjust them again.

The bog/hesitation when you pull on the throttle is due to the pilot jet being too small.
Once you fit the bigger jet then tune the mixture screw to suit it'll make a big difference
Those Mikuni 22/26's come standard on the Braaap 190 and go pretty hard for a carby that small.
If you want all out power right across the rev range and especially in the top end go for the OKO 26mm when your ready

Check your exhaust is tight where the flange bolt's do up on the stud's at the bottom of the head, a leak there can cause popping
Get yourself a new copper gasket for it, some brand's use a cheap fibre crush washer that doesn't last too long
33mm Copper Exhaust Pipe Gasket 125cc 14cc PIT PRO Quad Dirt Bike ATV Buggy | eBay

Sweet as! Cheers for all the help man. Just ordered a gpx shock too as mine has zero gas in it. Bike tries to buck me off like a bull.

Grab a 20cm long piece of fuel hose or something similar, jam a flat head drill bit or socket bit into it, and bam there is your air fuel screw adjuster ;)

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back