HELP! Honda CRF88 Clutch PROBLEM!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomy251

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Ive got my Brother's Honda CRF50 88 Limited with CLUTCH ISSUES!

The Problem is that when you click it into 1st Gear...it starts Rolling with NO Throttle.

We've tried fiddling around with the Clutch Adjustment screw but thats not helping at all...when your suppose to feel tension turning it we cannot feel ANY.

ANYONE give us Suggestions as to what we should check? Could it be a problem with the Clutch Plates, Springs or something?

ALL HELP would be Appreciated!

Cheers,
Tomy

its not idleing too high is it ?
did you get hd clutch springs ?

Na it doesn't seem to be ideling too high.

Not sure if HD clutch springs are installed because we bought it as it is...I know it has a Takegawa Clutch but.

Want to try and fix this problem ASAP aha...

id be pulling the cover off and inspecting it mate. maybe who ever installed the clutch did it wrong. or it could simply be that the clutch nut isnt locked and has come loose..

tommy, the idle is too high, i have mine set the same way haha,
my idle is higher then i usually have it and when i click into first it rolls, not fast just abit,
thats what id do first put in first and turn the idle back until it stops rolling , let me know how you go mate...

Tom Tom ,

when you checked the clutch adjustment did you wind the clutch screw all the way back ?
once its all the way back turn the screw forward until it feels like a bit of tension is there
then back the screw off a bit ,
hoe that helps champ

yer i would say you need to adjust that little flat head screw driver/12mm nut on the cover, should sort ya right out

Thanks for ALL your Help guys! Really Appreciate it.

We've tried adjusting with the Clutch Adjustment Screw but the problem is we cant feel ANY Tension Difference from winding it all the way IN to winding it all the way OUT! Something isnt right?

ANY Pointers from this?

tommy, the idle is too high, i have mine set the same way haha,
my idle is higher then i usually have it and when i click into first it rolls, not fast just abit,
thats what id do first put in first and turn the idle back until it stops rolling , let me know how you go mate...

Sweet As! Ill give it a go tomorrow!

The Clutch Drag is SO BAD you it rolls you up slopes EASY aha! On the flat it rolls pretty quick!

Definitely something isnt right in behind the Case!

Latest posts

Back