Help in choosing a new weapon!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutters

Reaction score
G'day all,

I love dirt bikes! I have ridden bush and motocross over the years but have not ridden for a good 3 years as life takes hold. I would love a shiny new RMZ250 or KTM but the cost! So... I am looking at these mini dirt bike things! Ha!

How the hell do we choose a bike??? I have never heard of the brands as I scan the net. I would be happy to spend up to 2 grand.

Can anyone recommend any of the following:

Good bikes or bike brands to look at
Buyers guides or articles on choosing a bike
Helpful bike shops in Melbourne

If you had up to 2 grand what would you get? Is there a need to spend that much?

Cheers guys for any help you can offer... :cool:

Cutters

hi mate
well im from sydney so i wont be able to help you to get to a shop in melbourne but with a 2g budget you got heapsss to choose from.
well mso's r reallyy good bike from what i have heard and most people recomend them. here is their site have a look if you are intrested: MSO Motocycles - Home

they are a china (i think) but they are a better type of china one of the better ones. unless you are looking for a jap then i think mso are a pretty good choice

well im not an expert on minibikes but thats what i think dont worry alot of other people will reply to you with their ideas..

good luck on choosing a bike mate

hey,
from what i have heard these little china bikes arnt very reliable. my mates that have them would always have troubles with them on nearly every ride. but with 2k im sure u could pick up something that will last.
im from adelaide and the places i would go to get myself one of these bikes would be SA Fun Bikes-www.safb.com.au- or Total Imports- Quality bikes at Impressive prices

Hope that helps

Thanks heaps guys for your point in the right direction.

I was hoping someone would mention motovert as I seem to be taking a liking to those little guys. The 125, or even the expert but thats pushing 2 and a half grand. Also like the MSO 140SR or elite. So much to choose from!

So what's the go... MSO, Pitpro, motovert all made in China?

Cheers

i was thinking you could get a motovert but wasn't sure if you'ld like to spend that bit more.

Ya know what, I think I've made a decision! MSO SR. I just keep coming back to it!

Cheers guys, great feedback and good help. Good little community here. :)

Cutters

So what's the go... MSO, Pitpro, motovert all made in China?

yep allot of the parts come from the same factory, there's a big difference in quality between say a motovert and a pitpro

whoo MSO, i've heard they have really good after service and they are real helpful, good luck with the buy.

Unfortunately the link you posted to MSO I_Thump are out of stock and aren't bringing in any more! What a shame.

Check Motovert out man. More specifically City Motorbikes or what ever the call themselves these days (Worldwide distributor for Motovert and Pitpro).

Motorbike City

For that little bit extra, you will get a heaps better bike. Espically if your coming from an MX backround.

motovert, pitster pro, ciniwerx would be the best china mini you can get for around 2k.....steer clear of atomik, pitpro, orion etc.....they are the bottom of the line kinda bike and arnt worth 2 bucks......you cant go wrong with motovert, pitster pro, ciniwerx, mso, dirtmax.

well that's my opinion anyway

Ok guys,

I have scoped out an 08 Puzey pro for around $2800. Your thoughts?

The more I look in to these pit bikes the more I am getting hooked!

Ok guys,

I have scoped out an 08 Puzey pro for around $2800. Your thoughts?

The more I look in to these pit bikes the more I am getting hooked!

Ahh dude.

Don't do it. Beside the fact Puzey don't exist anymore.

Look at the name brands Roost suggested.

What exactly are you wanting and what are you expecting out of the bike for your money?

That will help narrow the field down.

Cheers Motovertman,

Mate, I'd like to get it rec reg'd but mainly i want to hit the tracks and pretend I am Ricky Carmichael. Nah just kidding, if the chance came to have a little race here and there I would, but i really would like to hit the tracks and practice jumping.

I don't want a cheap arse bike, I would like quality. I think the Puzey got me cos of the alloy frame.

I actually dont mind the Pitster Pro. Am 6ft tho, not sure if it'll be too small. And do I go the X4??

Otherwise it would be a motovert.

2.5k would be my budget :)p gone up a little since my first post)

Cutters

well brady went 138ft on a motovert pro but they cost lil more than 2.5k.....i would prob go one of the ciniwerx i no coolie has been giving one a thumping for a while now and he races and jumps 40f tabletops and shiz so just something to think about......any of the brands i mention will handle jumps and racing

ya want a midsize .. I'm 6.1 I love my mso sr but not sure if they are in stock ... the cinny's are good and the x4s are a midsize not bad either ,a mate just got one and he's pretty happy with it .
If ya go the x4 ring Bushy at fitty coast (citycoast yamaha ) in woolongong and tell him I sent ya .;)

Cheers Motovertman,

Mate, I'd like to get it rec reg'd but mainly i want to hit the tracks and pretend I am Ricky Carmichael. Nah just kidding, if the chance came to have a little race here and there I would, but i really would like to hit the tracks and practice jumping.

I don't want a cheap arse bike, I would like quality. I think the Puzey got me cos of the alloy frame.

I actually dont mind the Pitster Pro. Am 6ft tho, not sure if it'll be too small. And do I go the X4??

Otherwise it would be a motovert.

2.5k would be my budget :)p gone up a little since my first post)

Cutters

By the sounds of it you will want a big bike then. That's really the key, bike bike or mini. Can't rec reg to many mini's that I know of. If you want a big bike don't buy any China 250 from any brand. You better off getting a second hand Jap bike. Some China's are ok, but mainly for trail riding IMO and experience.

I'm 6"2 and I ride a Motovert and a 50. No problems there.

Latest posts

Back