Help in choosing a new weapon!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah cheers guys.

You have helped heaps. I was a ball of confusion this morning.

Have narrowed it down to motovert Expert or Pitster Pro X4, and am leaning towards the Pitster.

Sorry to disapoint you guys, you seem to be leaning towards the motovert! :p

Have just contacted East 50 making enquiries ;)

Can't thank you guys enough.

Appreciated.

Yeah cheers guys.

You have helped heaps. I was a ball of confusion this morning.

Have narrowed it down to motovert Expert or Pitster Pro X4, and am leaning towards the Pitster.

Sorry to disapoint you guys, you seem to be leaning towards the motovert! :p

Have just contacted East 50 making enquiries ;)

Can't thank you guys enough.

Appreciated.

I wasn't leaning you anyway mate. That's just my personal experience with them. Pister Pro's are great bikes too. ;)

Just remember you will not be able to rec reg that bike at all.

Really! And the motovert expert or 125r that Bulldog recommends?

there are alot of people on here who have or had an RX most of them get the 50cc and drop the engine and put in a 140 and get it road registered.

but they fallapart if ya jump em and all the road gear don't like cartwheeling ... he wants a dirtbike ... no rec rego but who cares you'll be racing sx not enduro

just like needing a motocrosser to jump ... this is the same

I think you can still rec reg an X4, but obviously not road reg. The RX is road registerable.

Just spoke to the guy at East 50 (very helpful service indeed, I recommend) and he thinks the same.

So decision made! Just took me all day!

Pitster X4 it is.

Now I must get some work done ha!

ripping alls good then ... we get alot of crew on here looking for a bike and they get upset when we tell em their 500 dollar ebay special aint gunna cut it .... refreshing to have someone looking for quality first up so give yaself a pat on the back ....and yeah again welcome hang around you'll find crew to ride with.

Ah awesome guys, thanks for the positive feedback. Stoked with that.

I'll definitely stick around and even try and pay the good advice forward.

Hopefully have a new bike next week so will let you know how it goes!

Catchya's

Cutters

Unfortunately the link you posted to MSO I_Thump are out of stock and aren't bringing in any more! What a shame.

Yeah I suspected they might be and I cant blame them for not bringing in anymore yet because of the aussie dollar and all the other BS goin on the bikes would be a lot more expensive so the prices would go way up on them.

So what's the go... MSO, Pitpro, motovert all made in China?

Cheers

Yeah all chinese but all different quality.

yep allot of the parts come from the same factory

You obviously dont realise how many factories there are in China that produce these bikes and parts

By the sounds of it you will want a big bike then. That's really the key, bike bike or mini. Can't rec reg to many mini's that I know of. If you want a big bike don't buy any China 250 from any brand. You better off getting a second hand Jap bike. Some China's are ok, but mainly for trail riding IMO and experience.

I'm 6"2 and I ride a Motovert and a 50. No problems there.

All pitbikes can be rec regd if ya get all the gear to meet the requirements which is basically just lights. Pittys can go just about anywhere big bikes go and that is the fun part about it, tryin to climb all the hills and ride all the trails you normally do on big bikes makes for great fun :D.

All pitbikes can be rec regd if ya get all the gear to meet the requirements which is basically just lights. Pittys can go just about anywhere big bikes go and that is the fun part about it, tryin to climb all the hills and ride all the trails you normally do on big bikes makes for great fun :D.

If there VIN numbers don't come up, you can have problems and will need a new one issued.

There are quite a few more things to do than just lights as well:

Recreational motorcycle registration : VicRoads

Yep. can get a little costly getting rec reg'd. Some shops can do it in store when you buy a bike for around 200 bucks. If you have to take it through Vicroads personaly, it will cost around 400 bucks for everything.

Note: this in Vic.

Yep. can get a little costly getting rec reg'd. Some shops can do it in store when you buy a bike for around 200 bucks. If you have to take it through Vicroads personaly, it will cost around 400 bucks for everything.

Note: this in Vic.

Don't know where you are going mate. Had a mate get everything done on the weekend including plates for $120 at Greensborough Vic Roads. That figure is more like full reg.

Ah wicked!

Erm, mind letting us know what shop?

I had to rec reg a YZ250 a while back. Cost me 400 bucks. Had a quote from 2 different shops in the last few days, one quoted 200, the other quoted 400.

I guess it's something you gotta shop around for!

Ah wicked!

Erm, mind letting us know what shop?

I had to rec reg a YZ250 a while back. Cost me 400 bucks. Had a quote from 2 different shops in the last few days, one quoted 200, the other quoted 400.

I guess it's something you gotta shop around for!

Nah mate. It's cause you are going to motorbike shops that charge their fee on top as well.

Just go to Vic Roads directly. Look on their website for the closest one, book in, follow the checklist I posted before and your sweet!! :cool:

Righto. I understand. Makes sense.. Bit silly of me not to realize actually!

Moral of these posts... Do the rec reg yourself, don't go through a shop when buying a bike!

I think I got lazy as I hate buying 2nd hand bikes so when I get em new I just do the add on rec reg thing through the dealer.

Cheers.

Righto. I understand. Makes sense.. Bit silly of me not to realize actually!

Moral of these posts... Do the rec reg yourself, don't go through a shop when buying a bike!

I think I got lazy as I hate buying 2nd hand bikes so when I get em new I just do the add on rec reg thing through the dealer.

Cheers.

You can do a few things with that $280 you save as well. ;)

I mean if it was $150 or something then yeah but $200 and above is just to expensive for what it is. Plus Vicrodas do it a lot quicker.

hey,

wat did you have to do to get a rec reg? do you have to do something to your bike or not?

So have you gotten your bike yet? Cant wait to see some pictures of you flying in air of a jump the with the pitster. I went to the DHZ shop at the start of this year and one of the guys that work there owns a Pitster Pro and said it probably one of the best minis for its dollar. And all you got to do to it is put a nice set of Pro Tapers and of you go.

ps. wouldn't mind seeing her with it rec reg gear on.

Latest posts

Back