Help in choosing a new weapon!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey,

wat did you have to do to get a rec reg? do you have to do something to your bike or not?

Maybe read the whole thread mate.

I posted the link to the vicroads website with the exact requirements just a few posts ago.

If your in another state, use this awesome thing called Google to find the details. ;)

So have you gotten your bike yet? Cant wait to see some pictures of you flying in air of a jump the with the pitster. I went to the DHZ shop at the start of this year and one of the guys that work there owns a Pitster Pro and said it probably one of the best minis for its dollar. And all you got to do to it is put a nice set of Pro Tapers and of you go.

ps. wouldn't mind seeing her with it rec reg gear on.

Hehe, can't wait to post some photos up to show you guys!

I originally started with a budget of 2 grand, then started looking a bit more, pushed myself to 2.5 now I am looking at either the Pitster pro LX valued at 3.5 or the Braaap Maestro at almost 4k!

To answer your question, NUP, I don't have a bike yet cos I have to wait a few weeks to get some more mulla, and the biggest factor is that I have to decide between the 2 bikes!

Give it a few weeks, and I'll get some pics up here. I think I owe it to the community on theis website who help guys like me out find the right bike.

dude , there's a crf88 full sano , $3,500 way better qaulity then a motovert , go on eBay and type in crf50 and plus it's only been a girl riding it so it won't be any problems and Honda never breaks man , that what I would do anyway , but that's my interest in experience but yeah

Good luck dude

dude , there's a crf88 full sano , $3,500 way better qaulity then a motovert , go on eBay and type in crf50 and plus it's only been a girl riding it so it won't be any problems and Honda never breaks man , that what I would do anyway , but that's my interest in experience but yeah

Good luck dude

thats a bit sexist mate, i know a girl who broke her KLX250 RACING with the lads and she was kicking arse on her first race she came 6th then the bike broke, just because it says girl rider doesn't been they ride like a 5yr old and they could be just saying that, not having ago at you mate just thought i would share that with those that think girl riders can't keep up with the boys.

hahah yeah narh dude i know ,
i have a friend whos a girl a year younger then me and she could flog me any day on track , haha ,
but yeah sorry bro didnt mean sound sexist , but dude look at a 88 before a china bike , honda hold their money and shit good ,

let us know what you end up buying though dude. cheers

thats a bit sexist mate, i know a girl who broke her KLX250 RACING with the lads and she was kicking arse on her first race she came 6th then the bike broke, just because it says girl rider doesn't been they ride like a 5yr old and they could be just saying that, not having ago at you mate just thought i would share that with those that think girl riders can't keep up with the boys.

Anyone could break a klx250 , they are pieces of poo. Made for bombing fire trails - thats about it , they even sucked back in the day of the thumper nats. Anyone can break a bike , takes no skill to do that. Shit you can jump like a squid all day and fold the shock in it.

Just putting it out there haha , you might of meant kx250f. Not sure? But klx250's are a shitty bike , really shitty.

just putting it out there haha , you might of meant kx250f. Not sure? But klx250's are a shitty bike , really shitty.

yeah KX250F thats what i meant, i was heaps tired when i wrote that so sorry if i misslead you but it was a KX250F.

Righto!!

Decision made.

I will be purchasing a Pitster Pro LX. The extra 500 bucks or so on the Braaap is just asking too much! I could get some pro tapers and rec reg the PP for that, plus I wouldn't have to pay extra for shipping cos I can buy right out of the store here in melbs. Ride it right outta the shop!

I will probably purchase from Buzz Bikes in Bayswater. Anybody dealt with them before?

Having said that, I have learned a lot from these forums. I find it hard to splash out on a china bike. I would much rather a Jap, as I love my bigger bikes. Actually, I am more in love with the Austrians (KTM)! I think I'd wanna spend more and more on a Jap bike to take them to their capabilities. I am amazed to learn what sums of money people spend on those bikes!

Me... I will be happy with a china. I have assessed what I want to get out of a purchase, and the china suits it best. Take care of the thing, do what needs to be done on it and that's it. Most importantly, I can't wait to go have fun! And that's what makes this forum the thing we all have in common. Whether you be a Jap or a chinaman, we all have fun on our little babies!

Anyone could break a klx250 , they are pieces of poo. Made for bombing fire trails - thats about it , they even sucked back in the day of the thumper nats. Anyone can break a bike , takes no skill to do that. Shit you can jump like a squid all day and fold the shock in it.

Just putting it out there haha , you might of meant kx250f. Not sure? But klx250's are a shitty bike , really shitty.

That pisses me off hearing people bag the KLX's. If you actually know your old school bikes then you would know they are in the XR catagory and are as solid as a rock. They do what they are intended for and that's trail riding. Yeah they aren't the lightest bikes in the world but are great learners bikes.

I know people that have owned them for over 10 years and not had 1 single problem.

Good choice on the Pitster bud. You won't be disappointed.

Just a little update...

I placed a deposit on a new Pitster Pro LX160 this afternoon! Yaaaah!

Yeah it's good tto see someone buying a bike that none of us can afford lol... There probably aren't very many LX's in australia are there?

Nah, the LX's came out in feb I think. Will be sure to post a photo in the next coupla weeks, I'll get it end of next week. The 'special feature' being the linkage suspension.

And mark my word, I have seen pictures in this forum of people's line of bikes, or big bike's that I would certainly like to own but can't afford. It comes down to choice.

Guys, as promised, here are the photo's of my new bike.

Picked it up today from Buzz bikes.Good people, Irlan seems like a great mechanic. They spent heaps of time with me making sure all my questions were answered, and I feel very welcome there.

The bike is a Pitster Pro LX.

Rear Linkage:
2481d1241676633-help-choosing-new-weapon-bike3.jpg

2480d1241676589-help-choosing-new-weapon-bike2.jpg

2479d1241676524-help-choosing-new-weapon-bike1.jpg

Last edited:
fixed for ya bloke.

They are great people down at BB. Top customer service and purely genuine. Have heaps of parts on hand, and prices are good.

your bike looks fantastic! havin a blast I bet!! Keep em coming!

Ahh cheers for fixing the photos up.

As for having a blast... well I literally just picked it up! Those photos were taken right after I took it back from the shop. The most I have done is start it up and that's it! I presume I will have a blast tho.

Irlan loctited all the bolts and did everything for me so I don't have to fuss around with it. Just ride. I recommnend them!

how much r the motovert experts??? coz im trynna decide between the expert and x4

also if ne no's if u can get em rec rg'd that wld be sick...just give me a yell

congrats on the bike too....i might go down to buzz bikes next week n see about the x4

Last edited:
i think i need a few tissues to clean up.

thats awsome looking bike mate congrats when you get the bike going again take a few action pics hay.

Latest posts

Back