Help needed... over heat/super lean??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recon get yourself the OKO.
Don't rebuild until it's either blowing smoke or wont run properly.

26mm flatslide be the size i want?
I dont plan on building a monster of a motor just something usable.

26mm flatslide be the size i want?
I dont plan on building a monster of a motor just something usable.

yes 26mm will run on any engine really from a stock 125 all the way through to a 184 monster.

Well while waiting for the OKO 26 Flatslide to arrive in the post i decided to look into the lacking compression a lil more.
After checking the valve clearances I pulled the head off for a look...
I found that the exhaust valve had a few large carbon deposits on the sealing edge which was stopping id from closing completely.
Picture207.jpg

Stripped down head, cleaned valve and had piston and bore checked by a work shop as a 2nd opinion on if the bore was glazed at all.
Lapped valves and put it all back together.

Now the OKO has arrived and all bolted up.
I used some silicon vacuum line and zip ties to seal the throttle cable on the elbow.
The OKO was bought through KUSTOM minis who gets his stock from DHZ so im told its jetted 100 main 36 pilot with JJH needle.Needle in middle posi.

After a short amount of tuning the best i can get SO far is E clip middle pos, mixture screw 3 turns out and idle screw all the way in with choke on will start and run without any use of throttle.
At that point the revs seem to fluctuate a lil.
Push the choke in(off) and the engine dies.
Double checked cam timing just cos its only 1 minute job, all sweet.
Im going to have a decent go of tuning it over the weekend but if anyone has any pointers that may make it come together quicker fire away. :D

try starting it again, the same way you got it to run before.
spray some wd40 or degreaser onto the oko rubber manifold adapter, where it meets the intake manifold.
if the idle changes in any way there is a vacuum leak there.
i have found a few of the oko manifold adators to be warped?
one i was able to flatten off on a flat sanding block and fix my problem

The adaptor seemed nice and flat as i noticed it looked as though it had been over a sanding block but will spray a lil WD40 round and see if there is a leak first thing tomorrow.

Iv managed to get it running pretty sweet after an hour or so.
2nd to bottom with E clip, mixture screw half a turn out.
See how it goes cold starting tomorrow.
Will do finer tuning via plug chops to see if the jetting is in need of changing once i can get out somewhere i can do top gear runs etc.
Im guessing the pilot may need some attention due to the only half turn out mixture screw but we'll see.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Latest posts

Back