Help Please, YX 150. Replaced piston, carby, CDI, and still no joy?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Impellor

Reaction score
Hi Folks. I just can't get to the bottom of this. I have just replaced the carb. The bike seems to rev OK in neutral but as soon as I load it up in gear it just breaks down and miss fires. I have checked timing, and thats spot on the marks. CDI has been replaced. Im hoping someone can help out here. Thanks in advance.

Hi Folks. I just can't get to the bottom of this. I have just replaced the carb. The bike seems to rev OK in neutral but as soon as I load it up in gear it just breaks down and miss fires. I have checked timing, and thats spot on the marks. CDI has been replaced. Im hoping someone can help out here. Thanks in advance.

replaced the carby? what carby and what did you change from?
did you put the original carbys jets in the new one?

Check for an air leak, while the bike is idling spray around the intake manifold and carby and see if the revs change, if they do (which i think they will) you have an air leak, fix that and you should be good to go :)

Make sure also that there is not spark jumping from your plug cap to the head, this is best observed in a dark room with the engine running, But def try another plug like craig said mate.

Never had much luck with the Molkt
Check valve clearances.
Manifold leaks.
new plug.
fresh fuel.
Choke turned off.
Air cleaner fitted and clean

Any update on this.

A friend of mine had that happen to him but his issue was wrong wiring, fix the wiring then it ran fine

get that 125 gpx goin mate??

Wouldve had it going ages ago but havent had time to take it to get the hole re-threaded and going for a holiday soon so will fix it after i get back

Latest posts

Back