Hey guys

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

c110

Reaction score
Hey! I got a 110 pit bike yesterday and Im only new to it all. How far up the dipstick should the oil be before it needs an oil change? And how do I do the oil change?

dynamicgs

Reaction score
Gday fella.... welcome to MR

The dipstick is to check the oil level, or amount of oil in the engine, not to check if it needs a change.

If it is a second hand bike, I would give it an oil change now, just because you dont know how long since its last oil change. If it is a new bike, then the oil in it is just shipping oil, and needs to be changed to a decent oil before riding.

Then, you only have to do it every 6-10 hours of riding. Some people do it more, some people do it less, so this is just a guide....

If you need some info on how to change your oil, you can read about it here at point #3...

"How To" Tutorial, list of things. Posted in Bike Setup!!!

Good luck with your new bike... Enjoy!

c110

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply mate, good link too. The only oil I have is Castrol GTX2, 20-50W or something like that. I think its for a car haha, would that be suitable?

dynamicgs

Reaction score
I have mates that use normal car oil with no issues... I use moto oil from super cheap in my bike, but I recon it should be fine...

someone on here should be able to tell you 100% though... anyone?

Latest posts