hey im new here

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitpro_140cc

Reaction score
Hey just wanna say im new to this.ive always been into bikes n cars,got a 355 stroked vr stato for a car and just recently brought a 2009 140cc pitpro off my mate,got it for 700 its like new with pro taper bars,heat wrapped exhaust and monster energy plastics.The bike ****in flies,there loads of fun but i wanna get a real bike later on like a crf or yz250 etc.names luke btw.anyway heres some pics of my bike cheers.

also i got most of the monster energy plastic kit on but cant bloody get the side ones on that go on the petrol tank,i cant get the screws out at the top,they just keep turning,anyone got any ideas?

plz re size your pics

Last edited by a moderator:
yeh sorry mate wasnt expecting them to be that big,can someone please make em smaller?

dscf1281q.jpg

dscf1282w.jpg

dscf1283.jpg

just a small thing, I find my bike over heats when the exhaust wrap is all the way up to the exhaust flange. Leaving 30cm after the head lets a lot of heat escape.

yeh well my mate put it on before i brought it,so u reckon i take some of it off?

yeah, specially if your doing longer rides.. All depends on if you want your motor to last or if you wanna replace it soon after it blows up with something bigger and faster i.e. Yx160 or z155.? :D
________
GLASS PIPES

Last edited:
yeh i wouldnt mind that lol,a bigger motor that is.how much for something like a yx160 motor?and also what mods can i do to make it go faster without spending too much?

how much faster will my bike go with getting a inner rotor?and what else is there i can do to it to get it going quicker?

what mods can i do to get the 140cc quicker than it already is?how much of a difference will getting an inner rotor be?

couple of basic mods..
oko 26mm carb kit
lifan outer rotor kit....forget about the inner rotor kit..

after that you go internal mods..
camshaft, valve springs and compression
big bore kit etc

now i know everyone says dont go IRK but i have mate who has a yx140 and it came with a inner rotor kit in it and it makes it go pretty hard for a 140 but i really do think it depends on what your doing... if your going to race i would go an IRK but hey my engine dosent need to grab revs any quicker than it does

what does an inner rotor do exactly?give it more bottom end speed or top?im not gonna race it,just ride with mates but i want it a bit quicker than it is now,how much are oko 26mm carb kits worth??

to make a 140 go fast the first thing you wanna do is grab an oko 26mm flatslide carby from dhz with 36 / 96 jets
that'll make a huge difference from the stocker mikuni or molkt

then I'd go a combination of a cam/springs and a hi-comp piston

then an ORK if you have trouble with kickback.. or you just want that lil bit more sting out of the engine

then if that's STILL not enough you can get BBK from akunar.... but now we're talking spending all this money on a 140 when you coulda just sold it and bought a 155z

mate forget about the IRK... they're rubbish and don't make you go faster... they just allow the engine to grab revs quicker.... with sacrifices in bottom end, torque and reliability

carb kit is around $130 from DHZ

mate forget about the IRK... they're rubbish and don't make you go faster... they just allow the engine to grab revs quicker.... with sacrifices in bottom end, torque and reliability DHZ

since when are engines reliable when you race them :aetsch:

i have to agree dont bother with the irk they fail , u loose torque ect ,
best bet is a well tuned oko 26 and cam /springs that will get it reving pritty hard .the stock valve springs float very early around 8500rpm, this is all u need with this motor, ive built plenty big motor starting with the 140 bottom end at the end of the days just stick to these mods, or grab a bigger motor,if ur mates bike feels quiker have a look at his gearing i dont think its going to be the irk, u dont say what brand 140 u have,
cause i can tell u that the yx 140 has differnt cam/springs to a lifan 140, and the zonger 140 has slighty bigger cam/springs than both
if u need just jump on our site or give us a call and have a chat to our engine builder he will get u going in the right direction

id have to argue about the zonger 140 springs... they float heaps earlier than the yx 140's.
someone i ride with is flat out getting any where near 8500rpm

Latest posts

Back