High temperature Daytona Anima 190 FDX

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
surprised on the Honda whippers l absolutely thrash them . for the 6 years .
l frequently change oil and adjust valve clearances. And they have been the best tool l owned .
l have run 95 in them ,but l had stale fuel and gum built up in the carby ,foiuled a plug and went back to 91 ..

Yeah they still going, i went past there yesterday on my way home, they're 6 min's from here.

went out this weekend and put 6 hours on the braaap .. Fuelled up with 95 octane , 125 main and ambient temperature 25 degrees with a decent cool breeze.
Engine definitely ran a lot cooler .. highest temp reached 102.5 but mostly hoovering around 98 degrees. I did run the 130 main with better results top end wise ,but felt flatter through midrange ...

I have just bought a new reg/rectifier for the Braaap, so i should be able to get 12v out of it and not have to strap a battery on somewhere.

Spoke with a motorcycle electrician i know late last week too,
he confirmed my wiring, double checked the reg/rect input/output's so i should be able to test it out again in the next day or so
Hopefully i can wire it and run it without a capacitor, or it'll be another trip to Jaycar for a new one of them
And i'll measure the temp from the bottom of the engine under the oil pump this time too.

I have no hope in rejetting mine, it only rev's to just under half throttle then start's to sputter with the next bigger main jet.
Although i now have an OKO PWK 30mm on it

l found a Daytona temp gauge on the net ( nsw speed shop) but forgot to book mark it . It was around $80 from memory .. The sender reads from sump plug..

My sensor is playing up a little .. it may of been a bit of moisture in male /female connector . l blew it out and it started reading accurately again..

lm still keen on the analogue dipstick type ..they make quality types for big bike brands ,just need to find one with thread and depth to suit..

lts really handy having the temp reading as were l ride the altitude and temperatures change heaps during the day in turn effects the engine running temperatures. This allows me to play with air screw and keep the temp down..

Latest posts

Back