honda crf50 thoughts and opinions please.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wipeass

Reaction score
hey guys,
im new to this forum so if iv got this post in the wrong place just give us a heads up and ill move it.
im 6ft 2 inches but im looking at getting a crf50 just for shits and giggles. im guessing id need to make the rear suspension higher somehow and get some bmx bars on it.
its only an idea at the moment but any thoughts and opinions would be sweet. my other option is just get a pitpro 140xr or something similar.

Haha yer get a crf 50 I got 1 a few weeks ago . All you really need is a bar kit and hard springs cheep fun how Mutch u looking at spending on 1 mate

i was thinking a second hand one(so around 1500). but i see other peoples and they look so much bigger? almost as though they have a new frame?
and thanks for the welcoming :)

yeah mate, some people do upgrade there frame
others just upgrade the suspension, forks and bar kit
persionaly, i reckon just upgrade the suspension and bar kit and maybe if you want to chuck in a 88 kit ;) but thats my opinion.
good luck matey and welcome to miniriders :)

Last edited:
i was thinking a second hand one(so around 1500). but i see other peoples and they look so much bigger? almost as though they have a new frame?
and thanks for the welcoming :)

jusst bar kit and hd springs keep it a real mini .

id save alittle more and find one already done, cheapest easiest way . theres a few on ebay

Hey buddy i got a brand new one bout a month or so ago from honda in ballarat for 1425!! Im lovin it i got a dhz 140 aswell! There good fun putn around on i got the protaper bar kit for $200 of ebay and the stiffer spring and its runnin sweet well worth the money. And bigger footpegs is a must also

well if your not ugrading your frame your probably going to brace the stock one or it will be in half in no time

Yeh thats true i need a good shock that doesnt alter the hieght

well if your not ugrading your frame your probably going to brace the stock one or it will be in half in no time

lies , my stock frame lasted two years even with a +4 swingarm and forks and they wont snap they will just bend.

but yes the stock frame isnt ment for the abuse most people put them through but people shouldnt bag them out because they are a pretty strong frame .

i ride mtb too, soo iv actually got a fox float rp23 just sitting on my bedside table. i could chuck that in it. i just recieved my dpro 160 and i think a crf50 in the near future would be fun to muck about on. thanks for all the help guys.

I reckon get a dhz110 because they are allready dun up good and are cheaper and the engine is between 140 and 50 and that dhz goes well because i have a crf50 and a dhz110 and because the dhz is a chinese it may break down after two or three years and you can get the same engine it has in it for $300.
cheers.

Latest posts

Back